Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Casing Ingrid Danvers...

I loved the January PTI Blog Hop.  This month the format was different and there were thumbnail pictures of each participant's projects.  It made it so easy to go back and find cards you loved and wanted to try and make for yourself.  I was immediately drawn to a card by Ingrid Danvers using the Little Lady Stamp set.  Here is her card: 


And a link to it:       http://ingriddanvers.com/archives/5855

I admit that I had an absolutely identical card whipped up in about 15 minutes.  No point in posting the picture, as I did not change it a bit, except I used red twill instead of red satin ribbon.
The next day, I did however, make an additional card that was a little different using the very same design and a different PTI stamp set, Butterfly Dreams. 

Here is my card :                       

I stamped Raspberry Fizz butterflies on the Sheet Music background and used two colors of felt and some Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot paper on the two types of butterfly die cuts.  One thing that was just a bit different was the bitty dot border cut on the top of the card.  I originally was going to use the Victorian Lace die, but after I cut it, I saw the piece that was left over and actually liked it better on this card.  It is nice to know that one die can produce two different types of looks.  The last thing I used was a few rhinestones for the center of the butterfly.  I would like to thank Ingrid for the inspiration to make two cards to add to my "Gonna give them to someone, someday card collection".

12 comments:

Keva said...

This is so sweet!! Love the colors especially.

Kara said...

ooohhh..love it:)

Renee said...

Cathy-
I loved Ingrid's card as well...it has stayed with me ever since Hop night and you have done a gorgeous job of reproducing! This is the highest form of flattery...I hope she sees it.
Gorgeous!:)

Cards & Wishes said...

Cathy, your card is gorgeous!! I love the butterflies stamped on the sheet music background, and the layered butterflies are beautiful too. And what a great color combo! TFS!

Diane Jaquay said...

Cathy, this is AWESOME! I loved Ingrid's card too, but I have to say I love yours just as much! Now maybe I should try making a card like this ;)

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous card, Cathy! Love the bright colors.

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute!! I cased her too and I'll be sharing that later this week! Love how you used the butterflies! Adorable!

Heidi said...

Cathy the colors that you used are so cheery and fun! The butterflies are so sweet! I love your beautiful take on Ingrid's card!

Sue Ann said...

LOVE IT!!! The colors are FABBY .......... JUST LOVE IT and so fun and full of life!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Yep! Saw Ingrid's card too and it is a beauty! Your CASEing of it is just as lovely.

LILIANA said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the butterflies are so lovely. TFS.

Dana said...

I love this case Cathy. Those fresh colors are so cheerful and your layered butterfly is a great focal point!