Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wonderfully Wrapped Valentine Box

                                                                                                                                             
Now that my PTI friend Ted has received his Valentine swap gift from me, I want to blog a bit about it and how I made it.  The box is a gable box called Wonderfully Wrapped made on my Cricut and created by Lauren Meader of My Time Made Easy. http://mytimemadeeasy.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_5&products_id=319
This box is really easy to make.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to put together.  It is a very large box too.  It fit a ton of candy when I filled it.  I cut the box base from Vintage Cream cardstock.  The decorative panels are of coordinating bitty dot basic paper.  Here's a picture of the box from side showing the decorative panels:

I also cut a medallion on my cricut and stamped a 1.75" tag using the sweet leaf image from Flutterby Friend colored in colors of pink, red and burgundy.  A limitless layer die was behind the tag.  The entire medallion was adhered to a Mat Stack 3 diecut embossed with a sizzix embossing folder.  Some Pure Poppy buttons and twine were added to the sides of the box.  Had this been for a girl, I would have used a box, but I didn't want to girly it up too much.  I figured the red/pink leaves were enough!  Some red saddled stitch ribbon, stickles and a coordinating tag tied with red/white twine completed this box.  I also made a coordinating card.                                        
I love the way it turned out.  I got to stitch it with my new Sew Mini.  It was so much easier than using my old sewing maching.  I was so pleased with how to project turned out.  I tried really hard to make it "perfect", with no little mistakes.  Making a card for someone who really knows his stuff was a bit intimidating.  I hope you all will give these little boxes a try.  I think you will be like me and be surprised how easy it is.  Thanks for taking a look.
Materials:
Wonderfully Wrapped by My Time Made Easy
All other Materials, PTI

18 comments:

Kara said...

Ohhh...this is awesome!! Lucky Ted!:)

Heidi said...

Cathy this is an absolutely wonderful set that you created!! Oh my goodness it's gorgeous!! Ted is one very lucky guy and I know he'll appreciate it.

Jen Carter said...

Wow Cathy!! This is superb!! I LOVE your color combo so much!! The buttons on the side are a cute addition too!! And the center focal image...LOVE the varigated color on the leaves!! PRETTY!!

Amy Kolling said...

This is beautiful Cathy! I love the folded medallions and all those layers!

Janelle said...

Really great, Cathy. Ted's a lucky guy! Love how you used the little leaves image and colored it in all Valentine-y. Perfect for a guy!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely STUNNING! Love this to bits!

Keva said...

Oh this is NOT helping with my Cricut decision! This is extremely cute. Live the colors, layout..it's very cute, Cathy!

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love all the colors!!!

Stephanie said...

Cathy.......This set is just stunning!!!! I love the colors and that box is just amazing! You really rocked it! I'm sure Ted loved it!

Renee said...

LOVE this, Cathy!
You did an incredibly awesome job on it and I know Ted is thrilled with it...
Love the colors...
love the medallion...
just all of it.
Terry (Terrbear) has sent instructions on how to convert these files so I can cut them on my Cricut...I'm going to have to give them a try because I absolutely love this box.
Did you find it easy to convert?
Amazing job, Cathy.
Very inspiring.

Kim O'Connell said...

WOW! Ted is one lucky guy to be on the receiving end of that! I love the medalions and the color combo!

Jessie said...

What a neat box! The colors are wonderful!

Kristii said...

Soooo cute!!! What an awesome project!!!!

StephH said...

I saw Ted's post about his gift from you and it was quite evident he LOVED this set! What beautiful work you do! I am going to use this color combo for some of my V-day cards!

Jen Adcock said...

This is so amazing! This is a swap to beat all swaps. Ted you lucky duck. I just adore the medallions. Who am I kidding? I adore every crafty aspect of this magnificent creation. Fab job!

Monique said...

This is stunning Cathy!! Love the paper, perfect colors and the medallion turned out perfect..Also love the bakers twine!!!! Thanks for sending me the link you did a wonderful job :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, this is really beautiful!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh WOW, this is really made with love, Cathy! The hearts and that box shape are too cute!