Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

HEC #13 (Using a series of 1's)

                                                                                 
Today I played along with one of Ted's HEC #13.  Click here to read more about this particular challenge:
HEC #13.  Ted's challenge was tough.  We were to use a series of 1's in honor of the new year with all of it's 1's (1/1/11, etc).  I found this very challenging despite my personal stamping style being CAS.  To me, my card feels almost naked.  I found it very difficult to use only one layer, one color, one stamp and one embellishment.  I wanted to add a bow, a rhinestone or almost anything to perk up this card.  Here is how I interpreted the fine points of the challenge:
1 card layer:  Spring Rain cardstock
1 matt layer:  White embossed with Cuttlebug folder
1 stamp :  Sentiment from Damask Designs
1 ink color:  Spring Rain
1 embellishment:  Bird covered with prisma glitter

I think I covered all of the challenge points, but can tell you, I know I definitely need more "stuff" on my cards.  So, thanks Ted for the challenge, but I think it's safe to say that I won't be making any more "1" cards in the near future!

13 comments:

Huguenot Girl said...

Simply stunning Cathy! Love it! Nicole x

Courtney Baker said...

Great card!

Heather P. said...

This is sooooo pretty!

Heidi said...

This is really a very pretty card Cathy! I was giving Ted's challenge some thought today and it's a tough one to work out but I think I have a plan. I love the sparkley (is that how to spell that?!) bird that you created! Great work!!

Ted said...

Wow, Cathy...this is wonderful! I love how you took the challenge head-on and created an awesome result! :) Thanks for playing along.

nancy said...

Maybe you should reconsider your decision to nix the 'one' cards because this one is stunning.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!

Teresa said...

Beautiful card, Cathy! I think that it is peacefully perfect!

Jill said...

Hey, you did a great job on Ted's challenge! I hope to try it too, and I am stumped. I think you made an awesome card!

Monica K. said...

Very pretty card, Cathy! I love how you used the embossing folder and the subtle bit of glitter. Great take on Ted's challenge.

Kara said...

this is really gorgeous!! one layer at its best!!

Laura Isham said...

Love this! The bird really beautiful with glitter. The whole card is very soft and pretty.

Kay D said...

You rocked this challenge- using that embossing folder was a stroke of genius, in my opinion, since the bird almost looks like a separate image, especially with the addition of the glitter. I love it!!!