Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PTI January Blog Hop















Today is the January PTI Blog Hop.  Our challenge this month was to use a stamp set that has never been used.  Since I have used some of every set of stamps I have, I used
a little creative license and made a type of card that was new to me.  This is my first "Shaped" card and I used a free svg file from
Maria Bell.  Here is a link if you want to check it out.   http://stampininspirations.blogspot.com/2010/04/little-cs-new-relese-cc-design-stamps.html
I think the cupcake file is just adorable and I used lots of PTI supplies to make my card.  My favorite element is the Sunshine impression plate I used for the frosting part of the cupcake.  Those swirls are just perfect to imitate icing.  Niki Estes made a cute cupcake card recently that inspired one of the elements on this card.  Here is a link to her card: http://nikiestes.typepad.com/my_paper_creations/2011/01/birthday-cards-tags.html.  I love the circle/pinked circle with the big Number One on it.  This card is for a sweet little girl who turns one next week and I used Background Basics Tin Type on both the rickrac and the number (don't know why I don't use this more often). The raspberry fizz circle has Background Basics Sheet Music stamped on it with Versamark.  I scored the back of the cupcake liner with my ScorBug which gives a really nice texture on the "right" side of the patterned paper.  I added a bit of prisma glitter to the edges of the cupcake liner.  I can hardly wait to give this card to sweet little Leah.  Thanks for taking a look at my project.

37 comments:

Sue Ann said...

So cute ....... I would like to have a real one of those:) I love all the pink!!! PERFECT!!

Terri said...

It came out super cute! Love the texture plate you used and the ric rac too. I bet she will love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just TOO CUTE! Love your adorable cupcake! :)

Anonymous said...

the embossing is awesome!!!
GREAT project...also love your blog look!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh how CUTE! I love the swirly frosting!!

Ted said...

Diane took my comment! I was going to say how much I love the swirly frosting...so I'll say swirly icing so I can be seen as original. ;) Such a cute card!

Jen Carter said...

How cute!! I saw this file on another blog too and had to download it! I love what you did with it and the swirls for the icing is perfect!

Melissa said...

SO cute! I love how you put the "1st" at the top!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very, very cute card!

Kara said...

so cute!! love this

Renee said...

Love it, Cathy!
Absolutely adorable...perfect for a little princess!

ChristineCreations said...

Love the texture on the top of your cupcake! So fun!

Pat said...

Love all the textures and patterns, Cathy. Perfect card for a little girl.

Kelly S. said...

Oh that is sooo cute, Cathy! I never make shaped cards, I have got to try it! Love the dots and the little glossy details on the liner portion. The impression plate you chose is perfect for the topper!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute! Thanks for the link for the file. I just got my first digital cutting machine and am happy to have a new source for them.

Stephanie said...

Too, too cute! Love the bright pink and the fact that you made a shaped card!

BethieJ said...

Cathy this is such a CUTE card!!! LOVE that cupcake shape!!!
Happy Hopping!!
Have a GREAT day!

Helen F. said...

Cathy, your card is such a sweet treat! Love all the embossed goodies and sparkly details for your 1st Birthday cupcake.
PS: Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my blog AND well wishes for my husband.

Anne Tussing said...

So cute! Love the dimensions and the details!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is adorable and will be loved by sweet Leah and her mom!

Justine said...

Great job on your first shaped card, love that new die. Lots of great details here

Huguenot Girl said...

Cute card - it's truly scrumptious and good enough to eat!

Christina said...

This is darling! So perfect for little girl's first birthday! Great idea to use the impression plate for the frosting.

Linda Suarez said...

Cute card! What fun!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is so cute! I love how you used Tin Types on the rick rack and the number, I need to try doing that!

Chris L.

Unknown said...

Really cute! I love the impressed icing!

Krista said...

cute cupcake!

Amy Kolling said...

This makes me so hungry for cupcakes!! Great card and design! Love the dimension!

Sue Lelli said...

What is so nice about your card is that it would be so CUTE in a scrapbook of her 1st Birthday! LOVE the cupcake shape and the impression plate you used on the frosting was a FAB choice! GREAT card!

Eva said...

What a fun cupcake card!!! Yummy!

Becky Carafa said...

this is soooo adorable!

Kristii said...

Soooooo cute!!!!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Cathy! This is just SO cute! I just used the cupcake die from PTI and I SO should have embossed the "frosting." What a great look that gives your card. And the glitter? Perfect. Great job!

Taheerah said...

Really cool Cathy! Love all the different touches and textures you added to this cupcake - looks yummy enough to eat!

Lori said...

So very sweet!

Ohhh Snap said...

Very cute :D TFS!