Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 Christmas Card #1

                  
 I can't quite give up on Christmas just yet.  Today I made my first card for Christmas 2011.  I used a stamp set I got after Christmas for $1.39.  Honestly, that is about what it was worth, even though I really do love the images.  Once you have used a quality clear stamp, you really can't compare it to stamps you get at a discount.  Anyway, I used lots of tea dye on this card and cut a doily using an svg file on my cricut.  I stamped the image directly onto the doily cut from Fine Linen cardstock.  I cut a frame from some Spellbinder dies, ran it through my Xyron and glittered it all up with Prisma Glitter.  I doubled up some patterned paper and cut a medium scallop border and wrapped it around the card spine.  A few glittery snowflakes on opposite edges and a little more tea dye finish on card #1 for next year's Christmas season.  Don't think I will wish anyone a Merry Christmas just yet though!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Cathy this is a beautiful card!! The tea dying and scallops really add to it. The image is pretty but I know what you mean about using discount stamps after using quality ones. They are almost difficult to work with. :) Great job getting started on your 2011 Christmas cards!!

Kara said...

Look at you...ahead of the game already!! Beautiful card and I know what you mean about the quality of stamps. I see SO many cute designs at the store, but hesitate now to buy them because the quality just isn't there.

Suzanne said...

Great choice of colours. I really like the layout as well. I had to laugh at your stamp comment. I bought a gorgeous dove for a buck. And every time it falls off my block, I realize I have no one to blame but myself.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I'm not tired at all seeing Christmas cards. This one is beautiful. Love the PP you used and the image is just right for the wording in that paper too. I'll be making Christmas cards all year to have them ready by September.

Janelle said...

So pretty, Cathy! Love that glittery frame. (And, I always like to see Christmas cards, too!)

Inkyfingers said...

Well done on getting a head start for next Christmads. I love the design with all the frames and scalloped edges.

Hugs
Carol x

Stephanie said...

WoooooooHoooooo!!! You are on your way for Christmas 2011! I have to get mine started, yet! It's absolutely gorgeous, Cathy!!! I'm sure anyone that receives it will just love it!

Monica K. said...

Very pretty, Cathy!! That's a great idea to get a head start on next year's cards. I like the PP and the doily background. Beautiful card!

nancy said...

The quality of the stamp may be lacking, but the image is sweet and works perfectly with the papers.

I'm impressed on someone actually getting a jump start on Christmas cards. Good for you. Are you keeping a count?