Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thinking of You

                                                                             
Happy New Year!  It has been almost one year since I started my blog and my first card of 2011 is one of encouragement meant to let someone know that I am thinking of them.  I recently won the PTI stamp set Butterfly Dreams on Niki Estes blog and this was the first opportunity I had to use it.  Berry Sorbet is such a cheerful color and the butterflies come out so crisp and clean looking when stamped in this color ink.  Spring Moss was a soft and dreamy color to pair with the Berry Sorbet cardstock.  I used the sprig from Flutterby Friend and a few Berry Sorbet flowers and a sentiment stamped in Dark Chocolate on the circular focal point panel.  Spring Moss saddle-stitch ribbon with a small tag stamped with the word "friend" were added over a Banner Builder scallop.  The last touch for this card was a cute butterfly with some pearls layered on the butterfly body popped up with dimensional foam.  All in all, a cheery little card to ring in the New Year.

9 comments:

Eva said...

Oh these colors are so fresh and springy!

Heidi said...

Cathy I really like these colors together! I've been enjoying Berry Sorbet quite a bit lately and I think this card is beautiful! All of the details come together perfectly! By the way, your blog design is so pretty!

Ted said...

Those colors couldn't be more perfect together, Cathy! I love the background.

Jen Adcock said...

This card certainly heralds spring to me and definitely something to look forward to. All of the creative elements just work magically in this card. What a wonderful start to the 2011 crafting year.

Stephanie said...

Cathy, this is so pretty!!! I love the color combination and the butterflies are gorgeous! The ribbon adds that finishing touch! Can't wait to see what you do for the rest of 2011!

Terri said...

Definitely a happy card! Love that set too I really need to use it more though. Thanks for the inspiration!

Monique said...

Hi Cathy.. Wowza what a cheerful card. Love Love these colors together and beautiful butterfly's!!!

Monica K. said...

Cathy, I love this card! The colors are perfect for spring and the butterflies look great. Wonderful card.

By the way, love the new look of your blog! You did a great job. :)

Kara said...

gorgeous...love the colors!