Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

CPS 99-Little Bitty Bird

Today I had some time to create and again decided to use a sketch challenge for my inspiration.  I used CPS#99.  Here is the sketch:                       

Here is my card based on this sketch:


I used a kraft base, impressed with the woodgrain impression plate.  The Sweet Blush strip was embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder, just because it's almost Valentines Day and I only get to use this folder a few times a year!  For the scallop in the sketch, I used the loopy border from Little Bitty Bird.  I thought was a bit different than using scallops which was my first thought.  I wrapped a few loops of red/white twine and tied it in a little bow.  The focal image is once again one of those cute little birds perched on a branch colored with gel pens.  The bird is cut with some felt and the eye is a tiny rhinestone.  This was a very quick card to put together.  Think I will send this off to a friend...just because!
All Materials PTI other than the twine and Cuttlebug Heart Embossing folder.

17 comments:

Kara said...

i love that heart background...really cute card...love the sketch too!! tfs

Kristin said...

Oh, if I keep seeing those birds I am going to have to buy them! eek! But, I love that card!!

Kristii said...

Way cute!!! I love the embossing and the color combo!!! Love, love, love those little birdies!!! Awesome card!!

Stephanie said...

Super cute, Cathy! I love how you used the twine. I just got a whole bunch of colors and I should use it more often!!! Thanks for that little reminder!

Renee said...

So adorable!
I love that heart background!
I got this set...I think I'm just going to have to ink it up!

Linda Suarez said...

Great card! You did a wonderful job.

~amy~ said...

tweet! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Monica K. said...

Very cute card, Cathy!! And it looks great with the embossed background.

anja curvers said...

So sweet love this one. Thank's for playing at cardpatterns.

Sue Ann said...

TOO TOO CUTE Cathy!!! I love that little birdie!!!

whoistracy said...

Just adorable Cathy! Love the embossed panel. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

Anonymous said...

this is so cute. love the way you used this little bird!

Jen Carter said...

Whoo hooo!! Top 6 girl!! Way to go!! I love the loops that you stamped at the top of the pink! That is the perfect touch! Love the twine too! super cute!

LILIANA said...

Love the color combination on this card. Such a sweet card! TFS.

Sue in Grapevine said...

Cute card! I've held off on ordering, but that stamp set will be in my Feb. order.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So cute! Congrats on making the top 6!!! I have been eying that set :>)

Teresa said...

No wonder you made the top six, this card is adorable!! I need to ink this set up!