Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Little Bitty Bird Anniversary

My Little Bitty Bird stamp and die set arrived yesterday and within an hour, I had my first card completed.  I have absolutely loved all of the cute cards I have been seeing with this set.  For my first card with it, I used Music Background, Framed, Wreath for All Seasons, Mixed Messages and Fresh Alphabet stamp sets.  The music background is stamped on a white panel with Sweet Blush Ink.  It is so soft and pretty.  In honor of our 31st anniversary, the sweet little birds are blue and pink perched on a dark chocolate wreath with Spring Rain berries.  A sentiment from Mixed Messages and three teeny blue heart shaped rhinestones added to the corner of the frame finish this card.  I love this card, but when I showed it to my daughter she told me it was a little "corny" and why would I have little fish inside a wreath?  I may end up drawing on little bird legs, but when I look at it, I see nothing but birds.  What do you think?  Should I add legs?  I am quite sure my husband won't care either way! 

14 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh boy, do I LOVE this! :) I love Wreath for all Seasons... can't wait to try them together! Thanks for sharing!!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh putting the little birdies on the wreath! Oh awesome is that? Way cute!

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable!!!

Monica K. said...

Cathy, this is so sweet!! Love the birds on the wreath. You could add legs if you like, but I think it looks great as it is! Very cute card!

Rhonda said...

Love your daughters comment!!! Maybe we know it is a bird cause we were told it was!!! I don't think you need legs.

Diane Jaquay said...

awwww, I LOVE this Cathy, so very sweet!

Heidi said...

Aawww Cathy this is such a sweet card! The birds look fantastic with the wreath! I don't think they need legs but your daughter's comment made me laugh. :)

good_day1214 said...

What a pretty card! Great use of all of those sets! I'm sure your hubby will love it, especially the fish/bird combo thing. =P
I think you should leave the birds as is. No legs needed!

Heather P. said...

LOL @ your daughter's comment... Too funny! I think this card is absolutely darling!

Kara said...

how funny...all i see are birds too!

Jen Adcock said...

Too cute! I love this card. Why have birds with legs when you can have both fishes and birdies on a
Wreath? Very innovative if you ask me. A little something gorgeous for all everyone.

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is soooooo sweet! I love how you've blended together so many different sets, and it works wonderfully! Great card!

Jen Carter said...

Ok, I'm dying here!! When I made my card with the felt bird in the tree and I showed my husband and son, they BOTH said that the birds looked like FISH!! LOL!!! I saw birds...they saw fish!! TOO FUNNY!!

I love the way you used the birds in the wreath!! That is such a cute idea!! And they work so perfectly with the music background too!! Super cute!

LILIANA said...

So adorable! I love the birds on the wreath - awesome idea! Perfect for anniversary. TFS.