Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mojo Monday 175


I had the best day yesterday.  When I got home from work, I met the mailman in the driveway and did he have some great stuff for me! My PTI order, some stamps I split with a PTI friend, some beautiful  new felt and a great book to read from another PTI friend.  I  spent the rest of the afternoon and evening putting away my stamps and making this card. I will have to get to the book a bit later!  Once again I turned to a sketch challenge for my inspiration.  I used Mojo Monday 175 .   Here is a link for more information. http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2011/01/mojo-monday-175.html
Here is my card:                            
I have been counting the days until I received the damask Mat Stack #3 image and knew I wanted to use it for the focal point of this card.  I chose Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding and Spring Moss for my colors.  I got to use my new double-ended banner die with a great sentiment from Simple Sentiments.  Every single sentiment in that set fits so perfectly on the cute banner.  I know I will use it over and over again for many different occasions.  You can't see it too well, but I used a snippet of my new green felt that I bought from:  www.etsy.com/people/materialevidenceshop?ref=ls_profile.   It is a perfect match for Spring Moss cardstock and is an excellent quality felt.  I found this felt source from a PTI friend, Jen Carter who always has such great felt on her cards.  I used the green felt as a base for the cute little butterfly and some Plum Pudding bitty dot paper for the top layer of the butterfly.  Here is a view of the cute felt butterfly:    



I used some pearls as accents and popped up the banner with dimensional foam.  I can't tell you how much pleasure I get from assembling a card using so many of my beloved stamps and embellishments.  Thanks for sharing my excitement!

7 comments:

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!
I would have been excited over all of this too!
It's one thing to place an order...wait for it...knowing that you're going to use it...eventually.
It's whole different kind of wait when you know exactly what you're going to do with it before you even get it!
Beautiful...and worth the wait!

Kay D said...

Beautiful colors, and I LOVE those butterflies!
Yay for you finally getting your goodies- doing a happy dance for you! : )

Diane Jaquay said...

This card is really GORGEOUS Cathy! Awesome design!

Jen Adcock said...

Thank you for your lovely comment today. I totally appreciated that. Your card is gorgeous..as always. Love the colors and how cheery it is. It totally reflects the joy you had prepping your new PTI goodies. Nice.

Kara said...

gorgeous....thanks for the link to the felt, too!

Jen Carter said...

(I'm behind on my commenting so you're getting them all at once!!)

Yea!! You got your felt!! NICE isn't it!! I love, love, love how you used it on your card! That is so super cute with the adorable polka dotted butterfly on top! I am also in love with that impression on the purple cardstock!! Beautiful!! This card is very pretty!!

Amy Kolling said...

I love your embossing and how you've layered the banner die over your focal point! Very pretty!