Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WMSC68 & CR84FN40 - A Little Birdie Told Me

Today I have a card for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #68 as well as CR84FN40.  The sketch is by Claire Brennen:



Isn't it a good sketch with lots of ways to interpret it?  For more details about this sketch challenge, click here:

This weeks CR84FN40 colors are red, brown and kraft.  For more details of this challenge, click here.  Who doesn't love those three colors?  I have used them many times and this time went CAS with my card design.

Here's my card:

I used dark chocolate cardstock stamped with a woodgrain pattern for the card base and Waltzingmouse stamps Sewing Box Hugs for the cute little bird.  I stamped it onto red cardstock and added a gingham texture to it with all three layers popped up on dimensionals.  The kraft notebook page has the sentiment stamped over and over in dark chocolate ink.  At the top, I made a little "It's Your Birthday" badge using the same red and brown gingham and some dark chocolate cardstock stamped with a woodgrain pattern to mimic the badge's ribbon.  It is attached to the notepad with a little mini clothespin.  I attached the note book page to the cardbase with dark chocolate twine.  This little card just makes me smile.  That little bird gets me every time!

22 comments:

Kara said...

love the pattern on the littlebirdie and all of the sentiments stamped on the notebook paper!!

Joyce said...

I LOVE this card. It's so amazing. Love the dimensional bird, the twine, the background stamping on the spiral notebook page (how did you ever get things so straight?) the medallion clipped on, the gingham....(did I miss anything) This is a card that packs a punch. Also, I like how you have the woodgrain going horizontal. I always seem to use it the other way, but this looks so nice.

Sue Lelli said...

Cathy, this card is so ADORABLE! LOVE the text with the birdie and the badge! LOVE all of the woodgrain details! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy, There are so many things I like about this one.. The bird, the twine, the little piercing accross the top - and most of all the woodgrain - look s like real wood - I had to look really close - AWESOME!

Patrice said...

So creative - I love it!

Renee said...

I love it!
First the colors are fabulous...
gives it a "rustic" feel!
And then with the red plaid birdie...
too adorable!
The clothespin...
notebook paper...
woodgrain...
a fabulous card!! :)

Pat said...

Wow, Cathy! I love this. You have been rocking the WMS lately!

Marybeth said...

Love it Cathy ! The little bird is so adorable. I have the notebook page in my cart after seeing it on Joyce's card and now yours. I have to have it. love the dark woodgrain too. Gorgeous !!!!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh CATHY! This is just woodsy cuteness! I love your perfect woodgrain paper, and the notebook centerpiece with the perfectly stamped sentiments! Oo oo and the medallion! But you know you had me at the GINGHAM REDBIRD, eeek! Love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Cathy - this is just brilliant. I do like the woodgrain effect on the base and the notebook message page looks super. The mini peg attaching the badge is perfect. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a darling card Cathy! I'm lovin' your stamped note paper and that sweet applique bird! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, what a beautiful card. I have to say that I love the use of these three colors, so classic. I love the sewn bird, just too cute!

Shirley said...

A really pretty and fun card too! Love your bird and how you embellished.

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling! Love the sweet little plaid bird!!!

Sharron said...

Goodness, how adorable! Fabulous color choices and love the repeated sentiment. Your gingham bird & badge are so precious--such a sweet, SWEET card!

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! Fab little birdie and the clothespin embellie is super cute. So glad you joined us at CR84FN this week!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Super sweet use of the sketch, especially the birdie, love it! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Jean Martin said...

This is absolutely lovely! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at WMSC! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful creation! love the plaid stamping on the bird and the red/brown colors!

Andrea M said...

What a wonderful card, Cathy! Love that cute gingham birdie! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Suzanne Russell said...

Oh my! I love this happy card. Each element makes me smile! thanks for the inspiration!

Ruby said...

Ooh I LOVE this, the colours, the design, gorgeous!