Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Waltzing on Vacation




It is the 17th of the month and I am waltzing today...from vacation.  I am in Montana with my husband enjoying some nice cool, rainy weather, so different from my home in California.  Since I am without my craft supplies (something I am going to remedy before before next summer's vacation), I made a few projects to share while I am away. 

Today's Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz theme is Thanksgiving/Thankful and I have a lot to be thankful for.  My family is all doing well, my husband and I have good jobs, we have a nice home and life is good and for all these reasons I am thankful.

I have made another candle.  Yes, I was in candle-making mode last week.  To see my Halloween candle from last week, click here.
I used Waltzingmouse  Bountiful Basket Additions and Flourishes-Scallops and Dots to make this candle.  The image was stamped in Memento ink onto cream colored tissue paper.  I colored it with copics, very carefully because you barely have to touch the tissue paper with the pen, it spreads really quickly.  After the image was colored you just cut it out as close to the image border as possible.  You just lay it over the candle colored side up (I used a dab of glue stick to hold mine in place) and then lay a piece of wax paper over it and hold it smoothly and securely.  Run your heat tool over it back and forth being careful to not heat too long as the candle itself will melt.  You can tell when the image has been transferred because the tissue paper will become translucent.  I did the same thing with the flourishes and the sentiment.  You don't have to do them all at the same time, but try not to re-heat the images that are already adhered.  The last step was just a little lace trim around the top of the candle.
Thanks for taking a look at my Blog Waltz Project.  To see all the other great Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz projects, click here.



24 comments:

Pauline said...

Another gorgeous candle Cathy, I love th lace and the little flourishes, a gorgeous table decoration. Happy Waltzing!

Kary said...

Wow, such a pretty candle!! I've never tried doing this before. Looks Amazing!! Love this!!

Tara Cardwell said...

What a wonderful idea and a beautifully finished project - too beautiful to light!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO pretty with the flourishes and the lovely lace!

Kelly S. said...

Oh that's awesome, Cathy! I never got to comment on your cottage candle either...these are both amazing and make me want to try out this technique! I love the flourishes and the little lace top with that basket. They make me think of chilly fall breezes and Thanksgiving tablecloths. Your coloring is so good, tooooo!

Kelly S. said...

Oh that's awesome, Cathy! I never got to comment on your cottage candle either...these are both amazing and make me want to try out this technique! I love the flourishes and the little lace top with that basket. They make me think of chilly fall breezes and Thanksgiving tablecloths. Your coloring is so good, tooooo!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wowzers Cathy! Your custom stamped candle looks AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration! Would a beautiful home made gift for a loved one!

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!!
This would be an awesome gift to take to someone who is hosting the Thanksgiving feast!!
I'm going to have to give these a try...
seriously fabby gifts!
And you did it so well...
love your coloring!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Kathy and thank you so much for explaining how you did it. You've inspired me to give this technique a try.
And I just saw the Halloween candle too - seriously fabulous!
Hugs

Carol x

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful project. You make it sound easy, but I know it is not! I love the colors you chose, and that bit of lace across the top and the bling are fabulous.

Deborah Frings said...

What a super project - so pretty! I love the bling and lace decoration on the candle too. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy, Your candle is beautiful - love the shading, the lace trim and that little touch of bling. Your setting is just elegant!

Karen M said...

Fab idea, stamping on the candle. Really pretty!

snowbear said...

A great candle!!!

Sharron said...

What a wonderful gift idea! Great job with the coloring and the added lace & flourishes are so pretty. Thanks for sharing the instructions. There is just so much inspiration from the Waltz!

JJ Bolton said...

Super idea! The colors are beautiful and the lace is a perfect touch!

Kara said...

cool! love your candles!

Pat said...

I loved your last candle and I love this one, too. Thanks for walking us through the technique.

LaurieJ said...

Your candles are so impressive! You do such a beautiful job. What a lovely decoration to have in your home.

karen h said...

What a great decoration! I love stamped candles - I've never thought to add lace and bling...I must try that next time!

Kathi said...

Hi,
I love candles and yours looks sooo pretty. I have to try this myself :-)
XX Kathi

Teresa Kline said...

nicely done!

enjoy *~*

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a wonderful gift this would make! So Beautiful! TFS!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful, Cathy!!