Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WMSC#67-Fall Flower Basket Tag

Today I am sharing a tag I made for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #67.  The sketch this week is by Claire Brennan:





This cute sketch inspired me to make a tag using a new set I just received called Bountiful Basket Additions.  I stamped two large label images from Vintage Labels #18 in versamark and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I cut out the center layer and popped it up with dimensional tape. The Vintage label doesn't need a whole lot to make it beautiful, these images hold their own and the clear embossing with the extra large image is so striking.  It has been cool and raining here, so I made my basket full of fall color flowers.  The basket is stamped onto kraft cardstock and colored with copics.  I then embossed  it with a SU square lattice embossing folder.  It looks and feels like a real basket.  The sentiment is from Sewing Box Hugs.  A really pretty bow with orange and green wrinkled ribbon tied on with twine and a button add a little bit of frill to the tag.  I die cut a couple of leaves and embossed them with the square lattice embossing folder too, just to bring in a little bit more Fall color.  Here's a little closeup of the popped up layer and the embossed basket.


Thanks for taking a look at my Fall tag.  I hope you all will consider playing along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenges.  There are some great sketches in the archives too that are perfect for jump-starting your creativity.

17 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow. This is really beautiful. So much thought and detail. I love the color scheme.

Teresa Kline said...

luv it.....the leaves, bow, and button are awesome....sweet tag...hope you have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Renee said...

It's fabulous!!! :)
Love those flowers coming from the basket...
and the embossing...
the ribbon!!!
Uber fabby...
just love it!!

Kelly S. said...

GORGEOUS embossing, Cathy! I just love the citrusy colors with the kraft. Those flowers coming out of the basket are a-dor-a-ble!

Kary said...

Hi Cathy! Love what you made, your tag is beautiful!! The versamark & clear embossing effect is awesome!! And the pretty flowers & trim are so pretty. Love this!! {hugs}

Deborah Frings said...

Cathy - this is fabulous. The clear embossing on the brown makes it look like some embossed leather and the basket of sweet roses - just wonderful!! Love it!

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy - this is so clever! Your design is beautiful and so original. Your photo really captured the embossing and the wonderful texture and color of the leaves. Really beautiful!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a WONDERFUL tag! LOVE how you put those beautiful roses in the basket and the emossed label bg is fabulous and so are the leaves and the bow. TFS!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow Cathy, this is really amazing!!! The embossed label is GORGEOUS, and the flowers in that pretty basket, with the ribbon and leaves on top, just an all around elegant and lovely project! It'll be hard to find a gift pretty enough to use this tag on!

Pauline said...

Beautiful tag, love the little roses peeking out of the wonderful little wicker basket, and the glossy embossing gives this the WOW factor!

Jessica Wekenman said...

Such a gorgeous tag, Cathy! I love the scrumptious seam binding ribbon! Both the heat embossing and dry embossing give so much lovely texture! I especially love it on the basket! :)

WinterBerry Glen said...

Love this! I am a follower now!!!

Marybeth said...

Wow! This looks like so much more than a tag. Its beyond beautiful! Cathy I love the way you embossed the edges amazing. Not sure if I have thanked you in a while for all your kind comments on by blog ,I really do appreciate your kind words. Take care.

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fantastic tag, love the additions of the leaves and everything about it really, brilliant!

Helen Berry said...

Wow, beautiful - I especially love how you used the wicker basket for your roses. Genius

Amy Kolling said...

Cathy, this is beyond amazing. My jaw dropped! I looooooovvvvveeee the clear embossed frame! Just one beautiful tag!

Shirley said...

How beautiful and so creative! Love the colors and the flowers too!