Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cicely at Halloween

I think this is the last of the Halloween cards, although I have had a really good time making them this year!  Today's card uses Waltzingmouse stamps Cicely at Halloween, and yes, I colored!  She is actually pretty easy to color and doesn't require a lot of blending.  Here she is:

 I honestly don't remember what patterned paper I used, but I used several layers and some zig-zag stitching.  I added a little lace and pearl trim and a little bit of bakers twine.  There is lots of tea dye on this card and,  of course, some of the bats and sentiment from Halloween Party.  The last touch was some sparkly stickles to make the stars and pumpkin shine.  Thanks for taking a look as my Halloween comes to a close.

8 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wow! I love this card, it is just beautiful. The bats really give it the Halloween feel. She is just too cute!

Deborah Frings said...

She looks super - I do like the sparkle on the wand. Grear papers and pearly ribbon. Super!

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful Cathy, your colouring is fabulous, and I love her on this pretty shaped label, stunning papers too. Gorgeous!

Kara said...

love her...especially her tights!! great card!!

Joyce said...

What a great Halloween card. I love that little girl. Reminds me of when my girls would use those plastic pumpkin baskets to go trick or treating. Now, they need a much bigger bag! I love all the details on this card, and how you always are so thoughtful about the backgrounds in your photos.

Marybeth said...

Adorable Cathy ! Love this witch and card. Love all the papers too. Thanks again for all you kind comments.

Kelly S. said...

Oh beautiful coloring of Cicely, Cathy, and I love her in that turned label! The fluttering bats are the perfect detail and those patterned papers are so gorgeous with the lace, stitching, and pearls!

Renee said...

I think you did a fabulous job coloring her...
I love it!
Those papers and the lace...
gorgeous!
And the pearls add just the right touch...
I really love her!