Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Papertrey Posse March Challenge and Make It Monday # 6



Today I made a card for the Papertrey Posse March Challenge and also for Make It Monday #6.  For the Papertrey Posse challenge, we were asked by out hostess, Becky to make a card with some type of frame or window in it.  Here are the details of that challenge, just in case you want to play along or just see some really nice cards made by the Posse.  http://papertreyposse.blogspot.com/2011/03/papertrey-posse-march-challenge.html
For Make it Monday #6, we were to make a card using the technique of partial embossing.  I did a little bit of both on this card.  First, I inked up my Moroccan Motif impression plate with fresh snow ink.  I ran it through my cuttlebug onto Plum Pudding cardstock.  It makes not only a nice impression, but also applies some ink to the cardstock as well.  This impression plate is especially nice to use with this technique.  Next I scored some lines onto the cardstock and added a small Royal Velvet layer to one edge.  I also used the Canvas impression plate to add some texture to the sweet blush cardstock base.  After all of the layers were adhered, I used the Fillable Frame #9 die to cut a window through the front of the card.  Using Grape Jelly Memento ink (a really nice match for Royal Velvet) I stamped the Fillable Frame #9 stamp through the window onto the inside of the card. 

It is a very striking combination.  I stamped a sentiment from Love Lives Here using Memento Lulu Lavender ink.  That ink dried a bit too light for my taste, and wish that I had used the Grape Jelly darker color instead.   Oh well, next time.  The last touch were some mini roses glued underneath the sentiment.  This was a very fun card to make and an added bonus that it could be used for two challenges.  Thanks for taking a look.

21 comments:

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!
Love the colors...
and your embossing is stunning!
I love it!
I'm going to have to try cutting a window like this...I never have!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card Cathy!

Sarah Souza said...

Very pretty! Loving the purple!

Unknown said...

How FUNNY! I ordered the moroccan motif IP this week, and today I made a card with a FF#9 peek-thru window. I had no idea they 'matched'. Love these colors! It's a beautiful card.

Jen Adcock said...

Just exquisite! I adore the color choices and the suburb layering. If that were me, I'd have about 7 or 8 redos to get it so wonderfully aligned. Well done. Your choice of IP is perfect, I can't imagine a better choice. Your aperture is magnificent...a real goodie! Gorgeous card Cathy!

Mad for Paper said...

Lovely card. I love those colors together.
TFS
Ang

Camilla said...

Super sweet :)

Elena said...

So elegant! love it!

Kay D said...

Such a stunningly elegant card, and I love the color combo!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card, Cathy. The die cut through the Royal Velvet embossing frames and highlights those pretty little flowers so well. Very elegant.

Jen Carter said...

Oh my Cathy, this is gorgeous!! LOVE that it is a window card too!! That is sooooo fabulous! The roses and how you used the impression plate are perfect!! Beautiful!!

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love the colors too!

Keva said...

Oh wow, Cathy, that is so pretty! I love the colors,too.

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so pretty!! I love your colors and the window using the fillable frames!!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Very pretty, Cathy! I've been trying to figure out what to do for the MIM challenge. I think I may finally give the inked plate a try. Yours looks great!

Amy Kolling said...

Cathy, this is one fabulous card! I love the window and the IP is just superbly done!!! The rosettes were the perfect little touch!

Becky Carafa said...

This is beautiful! I love purple. Great technique on the background, wow.

Monica K. said...

Cathy, this is gorgeous! I love how you used the Moroccan Motifs plate with the inking technique. Glad you are enjoying the plate! Also love the cut out frame on the front of the card. Really beautiful work!! :)

Ted said...

Stunning, Cathy! I really need to make one of those window cards... I love your embossing. :)

Marybeth said...

Cathy, your card is beautiful . The winnow is done so beautifully . Thanks for you comments on my sister card. Ps. I'm almost an empty nester too.

Meg said...

Oh, I love the window you die cut---it looks so sophisticated! Those flowers are the perfect touch, too.