Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Papertrey Paper Dolls Blog Hop

Today I played along with Papetrrey Paper Dolls Blog Hop and it was such a fun challenge.  Here is a link if you want to play along:  http://papertreypaperdolls.blogspot.com/2011/03/papertrey-ink-paper-dolls-blog-hop-and.html
The challenge was to create a card using something representing each of the letters in our favorite stamp company, PTI.
Here is my card:
Isn't this just so bright and cheery?  I have made a great friend in one of the Paper Dolls, Renee Lynch.  She was nice enough to lend me her practically brand new set of Button Boutique, Bitty Background Blocks and also the dies to go with it.  I know for sure now that I will buy this set since it was so easy and fun to make this card. 
Onto the details of this card as it pertains to the challenge.  Here is a close-up of all the challenge details on my card. 

For the P:  I made patterned paper buttons using Bitty Dot Basic paper and the cute pinked square patterned paper is the In Bloom pattern stamp from the Bitty Basics Blocks.  One of the buttons was made using fun foam and the one with the bitty dot paper has a fun foam base adhered together with my xyron machine.

For the T:  I used purple/white twine from The Twinery.

For the I:  I used the Linen & Canvas impression plate.  I tried something new that I saw somewhere on a video.  Not only did I spray the cardstock with water, but I rolled it though my cuttlebug really, really slowly.  It took for..ever..er!  It did seem to make a really crisp impression though, so the extra time did pay off.

I have to say I love, love, love the Button Boutique set.  There are so many varieties of cards that can be made and I am looking forward to coming up with lots of fun combinations. 

16 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Love the card. Those bitty background blocks are in my cart. love them.
TFS
Ang

Renee said...

LOVE it!
The colors are fabby and love that doily!
The background was worth the effort...gorgeous!
I'm so glad you have enjoyed them...
and that we're the kind of friends that will lend the new stuff because we know the other will love it too!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Hi, Cathy! Yes, I think Renee is pretty awesome too.

Your card is so pretty. I especially like how you mixed the foam buttons with real buttons. Great card! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls Challenge. Good luck!

Camilla said...

Sweet and purpl-ish! I love purple!
The buttons looks very good together.

Lisa Voerg said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colors and the Button Boutique set. Very pretty.

Keva said...

Very pretty, Cathy! I really like the color combo.

Amy Kolling said...

Sounds like a great PTI friend! I wish my PTI friends lived closer so I could enjoy this perk! :) Anyway, to your gorgeous card. That beautiful doily and your button card....you did great things with it! Thanks for sharing your IP tip and playing along with the Dolls challenge!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is gorgeous! Love the purple vibe you've got going on here, so SPRINGY!

Unknown said...

This is really cute! I love all the layers you used!

Kristin said...

wow, this is just so very pretty! love the layers and love those buttons! thanks so much for joining in our challenge!! :-)

Terri said...

Great job! Love the colors and the look of the impression plates embossing too. I am going to have to try spraying mine with water too now.

Unknown said...

Oh I am so in love with purple - what an amazing monochromatic card (even the twine!). Every time I use an impression plate I think, "Man, I wish I had a mister bottle..." :)

Monica K. said...

Cathy, this is beautiful! Love the pretty purples you used. I also like how you used real and handmade buttons together. Very fun. And I will have to try the misting trick!

Laura Isham said...

Oh my gosh, I love how you used purple in this card. I have my eyes on that doily, and you may have pushed me right over the edge!

Jen Carter said...

Oh yes!! You need this now!! It suits you very well! This is gorgeous!! Love it all...isn't that Royal Velvet addicting? I love it too!!

Pamela said...

I'm seeing these button cards all over the place and I love them. I really like what you did with this one. I'm a new follower eager to see all your projects.

Blessings,
Pamela