Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Make It Monday


Today I made a card for Make It Monday using an ink blending technique taught to us by Betsy Veldman.  For this card I used kraft cardstock and first blended fresh snow ink in the center of the card.  Then I went in with some pure poppy and blended it all around the edges of the card.  Something I didn't think of as I was working on this, red and white = pink!  Not the color I was going for, but I did learn a good lesson.  I won't be using such a dark and a light shade together anytime soon.  The rose is actually something I am really proud of.  First time I have colored such a big image with copics that I was willing to show to anyone in public.  My good friend Renee Lynch actually sent me a three step picture tutorial on how to color this rose and without her help, I'm pretty sure I would never have finished it.  She even lent me the Year of the Flower-Rose set to practice on.  I really admire those people who can color these huge images and have the result be a natural color and smooth finish.  It is not that easy!  Thanks for taking a look at my "pink" blended card.

19 comments:

Erica said...

Wow! This is a beautiful card, Cathy!

Kim H. said...

I love your card! The rose and the blending is beautiful!

Renee said...

I think this is gorgeous!
You did so good!
And I knew you could color...
fooling me the whole time:)
Gorgeous card!

Rebecca said...

I love the way this looks. The shading really adds dimension. I think the pink is perfect!

Jill said...

Cathy, your card is lovely! I get a real "red" feel to the shading, not pink, but maybe it's my monitor. :-) Love your Twinkle strip with the two glitter strips! Makes for an elegant addition. Keep coloring (and showing us), I think you're doing just fine!

Unknown said...

WOW! So beautiful!

Kara said...

beautiful!! great job with the new challenge!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Beautiful, Cathy! You fooled me that you're new at coloring...you did an amazing job! And the blending is so smooth! Great job!

Linda Suarez said...

Nice! I can't even tell you were inking on kraft cardstock. Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

Cathy, this is so soft and pretty, and your rose looks fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and the rose is amazing.

Tigriswillreign said...

Very pretty!

SeattleStamper said...

What a stunner!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous! it's like your background is glowing. beautiful with that flower.

Susan said...

This is beautiful!! I love those glitter strips you added.

Inkyfingers said...

Wonderful work Cathy and your shading is great. I can't wait to get my Twinkle set, it looks really good here.

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Cathy!!!

Jen Carter said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!! Love your rose! Fantastic card!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG Cathy!!! That rose is absolutely stunning! Well, I may need Renee's tutorial for coloring and shading....this is amazing!