Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Make It Monday #7






                          For Make It Monday #7 , our challenge was to use copics on colored paper.  I actually learned a lot from this Make It Monday video, more so than the others as coloring with copics is probably the most difficult thing for me to do when stamping.  I can never seem to get the shading right.  Starting off with some color, made the shading a little easier for me.  I used Sweet Blush cardstock for the tag base and stamped the Friendship Jar daisy image.  I colored it with Copics RV 10, 21 & 23 for the pink and YG 91 & 93 for the green and Y32 & 35 for the yellow daisy center.  Here's a close-up of the shading:
 I got to used my new Pacific Vinyard impression plate on the Spring Moss cardstock base. It makes such a nice subtle background texture.   Background Basic Woodgrain is stamped onto Simply Chartruesse with the sentiment from Simply Sentiments.  I stamped a small border in Ripe Avocado with a fiskars punch and added some zig zag stitching for a little more texture.   The doily is in Berry Sorbet which I thought brought out the bright pink tone in the flowers. A Ripe Avocado bow is tied through the Tag Sale #3 focal point.  This was both fun and a really good learning experience for me.  Thanks for taking a look.

10 comments:

Teresa said...

I love these colors,Cathy!You did a wonderful job coloring these daisies.Beautiful card!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Your coloring is fantastic on those daisies...
what do you mean by saying you need to practice...
and I absolutely love the color combo!
Gorgeous, Cathy!
Just love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really pretty, Cathy! The daisies look fabulous, great coloring!

Unknown said...

Love the coloring on those pretty pink daisies! A beautiful card, Cathy.

Marybeth said...

You got the shading right with this card,looks like your a pro at shading . Beautiful card.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

This is beautiful, Cathy! Love your colors. You did a good job coloring the daisies. Isn't the Vineyard IP pretty!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful pink daisies! Lovely card. I agree that this video was very informative.

Kara said...

you did a great job on these daisies...love them in pink...gotta try that!

Jill said...

Ooh, pink daisies! I like!!! Gorgeous color combo, Cathy, and your woodgrain strip with the sentiment is the perfect touch!

LittleSurferGirl said...

There you go again. Mastering the use of a tag as a focal point on a card. When will I become brave enough? Your coloring is beautiful! Love it!