Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dog Days #1: Sweet Lab


Even though I am definitely a "cat" person...I have had several dogs that were special to me during my life.  One of those dogs was Butch...a black lab that my husband and I had when our children were born.  He was the sweetest, most loving and protective dog and was so wonderful with our kids when they were little.  He was so patient and put up with quite a bit from my rambunctious boys.  The Top Dog Dies Dog Days #1 Labrador really reminded me of Butch, so my card today brings back really happy memories for me.
I used Top Dog Dies Dog Days #1...a set with this great lab and also a couple of other sweet "doggie" embellishments (a banner, bone and a fire hydrant).  Can't you see this cute dog with birthday balloons tied to his tail?  How about adding a cute Santa hat for a sweet Christmas card?  Check out Top Dog Dies Dog Days #1 and all the other new July release dies in the Top Dog Dies Store...and here's a little secret...we're getting ready for a new release in just a few days and have been crafting like crazy with the new dies, and there is going to be a very nice contest to go along with the release too!  


8 comments:

Marybeth said...

CAS beauty.... love the pink and black! I really love this design Cathy . Labs are great with kids our daughter had one . This is a great die.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a wonderful card and sweet story. I love that sentiment and those colors are fabulous too. I am a stuffed pet person so this would be the perfect dog for me. I love this!

Sharron said...

What a wonderful die! Love your card--great colors and I adore the sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this clean design Cathy! He is so majestic looking!

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute and I love the little striped border!

Julia Aston said...

I have cats now but always had a dog growing up - this is a great card with that beautiful lab die cut Cathy - great colors to set off the black!

Joyce said...

This is adorable--especially now that I am officially a dog person and my dog is part lab. Love the colors you chose, and that sentiment is just perfect.

Jeanne J. said...

Holy cow! Talk about clean - this looks letter pressed. The coverage on that stamp is amazing, and I love the pop of color from the washi!