Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Papertrey Pals Challenge

I have never entered a challenge before, but when I saw the Papertrey Pals Color Challenge hosted by Mandy I knew I had to play. She had a picture of a beautiful comforter as the basis for the challenge and the colors were Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist and White. The first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw the picture was Dot Spot. The circular spots in the comforter are very similar to Dot Spot. I stamped up some patterned paper using the three colors on white cardstock. The base for the notepad is enchanted evening with a layer of aqua mist which is zig-zag stitched to the patterned paper. I cut a small border with the eyelet die and added a small felt flower with a PTI button center. To secure the notepad, I made a little magnetic tab to hold it closed. These colors are so cool and summery for what turned out to be a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.
Details:
Paper: PTI Enchanted Evening, aqua mist, hawaiian shores and white
Stamps: Dot Spot
Ink: Enchanted evening, hawaiian shores and aqua mist
Accessories: PTI felt, eyelet die, buttons and mini magnets

10 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is simply gorgeous!! LOOOOOOVE these colors!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is soooo pretty!

Unknown said...

Love the colors of the notebook, you have done a beautiful job stamping the dots!

Nadine said...

You did an AWESOME job with this challenge Cathy!! Everything about the notebook is perfect, how you used the colors, your design and layout, and the perfect embellies! FANTASTIC!

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I'm so happy you played along with my challenge!

Barbara said...

Love your dots, Cathy! What a fun notebook this is!

Jill said...

Cathy, I love the Dot Spot stamps for a notebook! I never would have thought of that. Beautiful job on the notebook!!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Cathy, you should enter more challenges!! This is a great take on our Papertrey Pals challenge. I love the color combo that Mandy has chosen and you used some great elements. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us.

Diane Jaquay said...

These colors are so FABBY!!! Love your notepad design Cathy, and I agree with Ingrid, you should enter more challenges ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Well done!!!