Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Look Who's Just Arrived Baby Girl

I have a new baby great-niece and decided to use my Fly Away set by Becky Oehlers that has been sitting unused since I received it. I would usually think of a plane image for a boy, but decided to switch it up with pink colors and try it for a girl. I used my picnic plaid impression plate for the sweet blush background. It is amazing how much a little texture can add to a plain piece of cardstock. The banner that comes with Fly Away is too small for any of the baby sentiments I own, but the Look Who's Just Arrived sentiment from Baby Button bits curves around and I reminded me a little bit of a banner. It was just the right scale to trail behind my plane. I stamped up some rolling hills along the card base dotted with smokey shadow polka dots. The soft colors of sweet blush and smokey shadow add a "little girl" vibe to this card. I cut a few clouds and used my swiss dot embossing folder and a few sweet blush buttons to finish off this card. I think it turned out really sweet for a baby girl.
Details:
Paper: White, Sweet Blush, Bitty Dot Basics
Ink: Smokey Shadow and Black
Stamps: Fly Away, Baby Button Bits and Polka Dot Basics II
Accessories: Picnic Plaid impression plate, swiss dot embossing folder, sweet blush buttons

14 comments:

Danisha said...

Very cute!!! So girly but not over the top!!! Love the impession plate as a background.

Elizabeth S. said...

How sweet is this! Love it!

Sue Ann said...

Totally cute!!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

That is BEYOND cuteness! Yer killing me. Yet another stamp set I didn't think I was interested in, now I'm thinking differently! :) BEAUTIFUL!

Erica said...

So cute! I like all the texture on your card.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO adorable!!! Great card! I didn't buy that plane because the thought of cutting it out made me shudder ;)

Terri said...

Super cute! You have just inspired me to get my set out and start using it too!

pattylt said...

This card is adorable and thanks for the tip to look at any curving sentiment as being able to be used as the banner! I so rarely am able to think outside the box like that!

Heather P. said...

This is so totally ADORABLE!!

Congrats on the new great-niece! :)

Laurie said...

This is too cute! So many details and I love them all!

Jen Carter said...

Ahhh, that's so cute! Love those polka dotted clouds!

Jackie Pedro said...

Okay, it's official.....I am getting this set now!!! Your card is DARLING!!

Linda said...

This is so-o-o adorable. I love everything about it. It's going in my CASE file for a little girl who will be celebrating her first birthday in June. Her dad built and flies his own airplane and she is named after Amelia Earhart. What could be better. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Kara said...

Love this set used for a girl!! Great job showing its versatility!! The card is gorgeous.
Kara