Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Celebrate Your Day Birthday

Today I made a birthday card for my adult son Andy. I had seen a really cute card made by Heather (Witty Title Here). Here's a link to her card that inspired me: http://heatherpulvirenti.blogspot.com/2010/05/digital-doodles-little-birdie.html Her card had a really cute digital image of a cat and bird that reminded me of our sweet gray cat, Ally who loves to stare out the window at birds. The digital image is called "Meowy Messenger" and is designed by Kathy Martin sold by Two Peas in a Bucket. Since this is a card for a grown man, although still my baby, I decided to use what is becoming my favorite background stamp, Background Basics Woodgrain to "man up" the cute cat and bird image. I printed the digital image, colored it with copics and sized it to fit my card that had been stamped with the woodgrain background. I cut it out and popped it up on the card base with dimensional tape. My first reaction is to add some kind of border element, but ribbon was too girly for this card. I ended up using red twine wrapped around the card front a few times. I remember that you are supposed to use color accents in "threes" so I added a little red pearl collar to the cat image. Again, since I love the woodgrain background which is such fun to stamp and I was recently inspired by Nichole Heady to line my envelopes, I cut an envelope liner stamped with the woodgrain background. I love how this card turned out.
Details:
Paper: PTI White and Ripe Avocado
Stamps: PTI Background Basics Woodgrain, Signature Greetings and Digital Doodles Meowy Messenger
Ink: Ripe Avocado
Accessories: Copics, Red Martha Stewart twine, mini-pearls

10 comments:

Keva said...

Look at that! So cute..and I love how the little bird is sitting atop the panel. Sweet!

Lori said...

Awwwww...so sweet, love it!!

Heather P. said...

Awww, this is SO CUTE!! I totally *love* your mix of colors! :)

Laurie said...

So pretty! And I love the envelope liner! So fun in the woodgrain pattern!

Nadine said...

Such a cute, fun card Cathy! Im sure your son will love receiving this!

Dana said...

Awwww Cathy the kitty is adorable. Great card, it made me smile!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO ADORABLE!!! Love the kitty and the bird, and that frame is so fun!!

Lorraine said...

This is such a cute card! Glad I zoomed in on it. Love the digi image, woodgrain background, red twine and the matching envelope, too!

Michelle said...

Hi, Cathy - saw your note.
Papertrey Pixies is closed.
However this group JUST started and it says full, but I think they just got full yesterday or today, so you might want to message the girl that started it to see if you can get in on that one: http://forum.papertreyink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10154

myself said...

Love your stuff! So cute... and read your "profile"... hee, hee! I need to get my husband a hobby, too!