Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Papertrey Pages May Challenge

I was really excited to participate in our first Papertrey Pages Scrapbook Challenge. I have really enjoyed using my PTI products to make scrapbook pages in addition to the cards we all love to make. This month, Beth was nice enough to get the challenges started. For this first challenge, we were to create a page with at least one PTI stamped image and watercoloring of some kind. I have to admit I was really stumped on how to include the watercoloring onto my page. I really like a sharp, clean image and that is just not what comes to mind when I think about watercoloring. So, what I finally decided to do was to start creating my page and hope that I could find a place to add some watercoloring. The pictures I used are recent and won't help me catch up on my backlog of old photos to scrap, but I love the looks on my daughter"s face. I really do hope to remember her this way. More importantly, I want her to look back and remember her expressions to me when her own daughter does the same thing to her. I used lots of PTI stuff on this page as well as some digital paper I printed and even some PTI dies and felt. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the flowers are all stamped three times and popped up on dimensional dots. For the watercoloring, I have to admit only the large centers of the flowers are colored with some chalk that I mixed with water and brushed on. I am not a fan of this technique. I much prefer to stamp or use copics. I would like to thank Beth (Babiestwo) for getting this challenge going and I look forward to future challenges.
Details:
Paper: 12 x 12 Designer Digital Large Dot by Katie Pertiet, PTI white, raspberry fizz, enchanted evening, hawaiian shore and green boutique
Ink: Hawaiian Shore, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, orange zest, lemon tart and new leaf
Stamps: Background Basic Tin Type, Beautiful Blooms II, Rustic Branches
Accessories: Hawaiian shore felt, PTI large scallop died, Beautiful Blooms II dies, sizzix lowercase fun serif alphabet dies and stickles.

6 comments:

daisykl said...

Cathy your page is adorable. I love the big flowers along the bottom. I'm stumped for the watercoloring also, but think I have an idea and hope to post a picture soon. I still need to create a blog though!

Sherry said...

Great page! I love the flowers "border"! The watercoloring is hard for me too. BUT, I think I know what I am going to do. I just need the picture first (prom is tomorrow!).

Heather P. said...

I LOVE this! What a fantabulous LO, and the colors are awesome!

Babies-Beth said...

Gosh, it's great! I love the three photos down in a row, and may copy that soon! I, too, have recent and older photos to do, you just have to use the ones that nspire at the moment!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so cute! I love the large dots and the border of flowers across the bottom, really FUN page!

Jill said...

You are a talented scrapbooker, Cathy! This lovely page and the way you incorporated the watercoloring has convinced me that I *will* think of a way to do so myself for the challenge! Really great use of PTI flowers in a new way!