Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge #6

Welcome to Fusion Card Challenge #6.   We have had so many people playing with our challenge...it is almost impossible to choose a favorite, much less a winner!  Have you seen if your card was a winner for Challenge #5?  Here's a link to find out...I sure hope you see your card there!
Today's challenge is going to have you thinking GREEN.  Check out the sketch and photo we have for you to work with this week:

What do you see?  Those green flowers stamped in the pretty pattern...or do you see the square frame of the sketch?  Even better...do you see a combination of both, because that is all you have to do to play the Fusion Card Challenge.  Make a card based on either the sketch, the photo, or fuse them together and make a combination of elements of both.  Easy, right?  Here's what I came up with:

I went graphic this week and fused both the sketch and the green color from the inspiration photo.  Who couldn't use a little good luck card to give them some encouragement when they need it the most?  This card was made using a cut file from the Silhouette Store (Checkerboard Edge Shadow 2).  I added one of the newest dies from Serendipity Stamps (Shamrock Die) as my focal point.  Isn't that the greatest detail on the shamrock die?  The sentiments are from Lil Inker (Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments), just right to let someone know you are thinking of them and wishing them well.  
Time for you to check out the rest of the cards made by the Fusion Design Team and then you can get going on your own card based on this week's sketch or photo.   You have two weeks to play...the challenge ends on Tuesday, March 25th at noon PST.   I can't wait to see what you come up with!





18 comments:

Alanna said...

Fabulous card. I love that shamrock die.

Julia Aston said...

Love the bold green and black colors on this fun St. Pat's card, Cathy!

Lisa Elton said...

Super card Cathy and such a fun shamrock!

Joyce said...

This is just awesome. I love the checkerboard border, and that shamrock is such a fun die. I like how there are hearts all over it, every where I look. It's kind of like an optical illusion. Cute idea to split up your sentiment like that.

Lynn said...

I absolutely love the checkerboard boarder Cathy!

Lyndal said...

Love your shamrock Cathy & your gorgeous checkerboard edging :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yes, it is a very wonderful detail die! This is a very inspiring card!!

Sharron said...

The bold checkerboard border looks fantastic! And I love the shamrock die cut.

Marybeth said...

Cathy I love the checkerboard with the celtic shamrock from Serendipity Stamps! Beautiful CAS card…..
My brain is all over the place latley…. It just dawned on me you are on both DT of these two extremely popular challenges. If I didn't say congrats I am now… Congrats! I knew about Fusion.

Betty said...

Beautiful card, Cathy and I love your shamrock die cut :-) Hugs, Betty

Deepti said...

I love that checkerboard border :) absolutely amazing card !!

Kim Heggins said...

Love the checker board border, the perfect way to frame your beautiful shamrock...can't wait to play along!

Jill said...

Black, white, and green are *made* for a graphic card, Cathy--love this!

Laura Davis said...

Love this festive card!
Laura

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is so elegant Cathy. I really love the Celtic feel. :)

Jeanne J. said...

You really dressed up the sketch with that fancy checkerboard frame Cathy. The colors are so crisp and clean and that green shamrock just pops. This is a tricky one this time!

Robin K. said...

Love that checkerboard border!! Such a great combination with the shamrock!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Cathy,

Got to love ANYTHING Silhouette haha, I am so addicted!

Your card is very vibrant and attention getting. Love it!

Blessings,
Barb