Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Card Concept #6: Make a Birthday Card


Time for another Card Concept challenge...and this one is going to be something everyone will want to play along with...make a birthday card.  We all could use a few birthday cards to add to our stash...and we have a very pretty inspiration picture to give you a little head start on your birthday cards.
Isn't that a gorgeous cake?  It looks so pretty with the beautiful flowers as decorations and also is displayed on a beautiful white cake stand.  That cake and cake stand was my inspiration...and I created a fun little birthday card as seen through an open window.
Have you ever seen the cute cards made by Kitty Carracciolo of KittieKraft?  I am sure you have...I'm a big fan.  She must spend hours and hours creating realistic card scenes.  I remembered a card made by Kitty where she used strips of card stock to mimic siding on the outside of a house.  You can see Kitty's card here.   First I made my cake and then built my scene around it.  I even added a cute gray cat just like one of mine staring out the window.  All of the card ingredients are listed below...but I especially love that cake and cake stand from Memory Box.  

I'm sure that you will be needing a birthday card one day soon, here's a little more inspiration from the Design Team at Card Concept Challenge:
All you have to do is make a card using one of the six card styles listed above and link it to the Card Concept Challenge blog by Monday, March 31st.  I hope to see your card in our gallery very soon!

Clean & Simple
Clean & Graphic
Shabby Chic
Classy & Elegant
Lee Ann Barrett
Lesley Croghan, Guest Designer

I am also entering this card into the Anything Goes category over at the Seize the Birthday Challenge.  There's always a ton of birthday inspiration there...check it out here!



23 comments:

Alanna said...

wOW Cathy this is an amazing card. Such a well thought out scene.

Rhonda said...

Jeepers!! Can't imagine how long it would take me to make such a card. The scene is fabulous Cathy! Love the balloons on the outside of the window.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful Cathy! what a gorgeous window scene with the flower box, the siding, right down to the kitty in the window! Well done!!

Jeanne J. said...

Holy cow! Look at all the different dies you used here! I'd put this one in a shadowbox frame Cathy! I love the kitty in the window and EEEK she has a diamond necklace! The cake is amazing and oh heck! It's just amazing! Kitty would be proud of you girl!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes Cathy this is a die cut masterpiece!! Love that you have the balloons floating out of the window and your lace valance! Fantastic card ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Well I thought Jeanne was the one who had every die out there--gorgeous Cathy! You are so good at putting together fabulous scene! I can't tell you how much I adore this Cathy.

Lesley said...

My goodness Cathy! Your card is a whole story and I love the little details you have going on! Wow, an amazing and very special birthday card!

Jean said...

Lovely combination of die cuts!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow wow wow! Dies have become SO popular since I was last into card making and I'm wanting everything I'm seeing (not a good thing lol!) This card is just amazing, Cathy, I love everything about it!

Marybeth said...

I LOVE THIS! Nobody does window cards like you ! I do love KC cards as well she always has something fun. This is so darn adorable and stinking cute! So many details...bet it took forever! So worth it! I love all the dies you used the cake is so cute.

Robin K. said...

Wow! Love your incredible attention to detail!!

Colleen said...

OMG, this is love to the tenth degree...all those wonderful dies and the scene building is fantastic...definitely a labor of love. WOW, so impressed, thanks for linking it up to Seize the Birthday!

Joyce said...

This is just amazing. What a fabulous scene you created, with so many incredible details. Your cake is drool worthy, I love your window box, the butterflies, the lace trim as curtains--I think I could keep looking at this card and see more and more details.

Nancy Penir said...

Just have to tell you how gorgeous this is! Cathy, you are a card artist! Every perfect detail is a joy to behold. This needs to be picked up by Papyrus and sold at an upscale stationary store! Im pinning this one!

Karen Davis said...

WOW! This is amazing Cathy, what a gorgeous scene you have created. So many fabulous details. SO creative.

Geri said...

Oh My Goodness!!! This is amazing Cathy! Your attention to detail is incredible - especially the window box full of the pretty wee posies! Love the kitty in the window! We have two cats who spend the majority of their day gazing outside!

Jill said...

Cathy, this card is Uh. Maze. Ing. Amazing! AMAZING!! Seriously, great card!

Sharron said...

Cathy, I always love your window scenes and this one is absolutely amazing! Great idea for siding on the house and the window details look fabulous. You've created a masterpiece with the cake!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...where to start! This is a fabulous work of art, something that needs to be framed and hung on the wall. This is just one incredible card, so much amazing and fabulous detail! Do you ever sleep?

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! Just...Wow! This is die perfection right here! Your scene is fantastic, Cathy! Love the siding!

Deepti said...

Oh my my this is a real life scene, I can see my self peeking through the window to see how amazing the cake looks, stunning!!

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Fabulous details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Wow, I can't believe all of the amazing details in this gorgeous card!