Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hang In There

I am playing along with two challenges today...the first is a just for fun sketch challenge by 
Lesley Croghan of Always Playing with Paper.  It's a cute sketch and we can make anything we want, any stamps or dies we want as long as we base our card on the sketch.  I combined the sketch with some Paper Smooches stamps I just received and made an Anything Goes card for the 

Here's Lesley's sketch:
Since I wanted to use my new stamps from Paper Smooches (Hang-Ups), I was determined to come up with some way to use those stamps with this sketch.  Here is what I came up with:
The three branches represent the three stripes in the sketch and I added the cute squirrel hanging from the middle branch.  It's not obvious in the picture, but his eyes have glossy accents on them and are very dimensional.  I punched a few flags using a new Stampin Up punch, layered the whole thing on some Lil Inker Stitched Mat rectangles, added some copic coloring and that was it.  If you would like to play along with Lesley's challenge...here's the link.  There is still a few days left for you to play along.


15 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so cute. Great take on the sketch.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Cathy!

Lisa Elton said...

FABULOUS take on the sketch, this is so cute!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so adorable! What a fun and creative design.

Joyce said...

Wow, this is so cute. I don't know what kind of critter you have there, but he sure is cute. Very creative interpretation of the sketch, too.

Lesley said...

Wow! Such a COOL take on the sketch and I love what you did you with Paper Smooches set! FUN!!! Thanks for joining me!

Rhonda said...

You nailed it Cathy.

Marybeth said...

Adorable Cathy! I think we all went crazy with the sale they just had. Love the banners!

vic said...

oh my this is just so cute!!!! :)

Vic x

Julia Aston said...

what a fun card Cathy!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...this is just too cute! I love your sweet hanging bat or is he doing pull ups? So sweet no matter what! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sharron said...

Great way to interpret the sketch and so CUTE too. Love your squirrel and the little banners!

Darnell said...

This is even cuter than my hamster, Cathy! That Kim just rocks these whimsical stamps! And now, sigh, yet another item for the wish book! I love squirrels!! Hugs, Darnell

Jeanne J. said...

OMG is this ever cute Cathy and did you see you were a winner too? Awesome!! That squirrel makes me smile!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is just the cutest, Cathy. I love the whole thing - the stitched rectangle mats, the adorable ribbon accents - its gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Paper Smooches Sparks!