Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Seize the Sketch #15

Very quick post today...just wanted to share a card I made for Seize the Sketch #15.   I saw the sketch and had an idea I wanted to try.  Unfortunately, I started it right before I had to get ready for work and so now I am rushing to get it up and posted while the clock is ticking away.  Here's the sketch:
I thought it was a very versatile sketch...almost any stamps or dies could work with it, but I chose to go with all Lil Inker stamps and dies.  It's almost St. Patrick's Day and I had all of my green inks out on my desk, so I decided to make my own shamrock.  It shouldn't be too hard with all the Lil Inker dies I have collected.  Here's what I came up with:
I used several Lil Inker sets today.  First, that shamrock...they are hearts from Of the Heart dies.  Perfect little shamrock, don't you think?  The little stem is a piece punched out from the Fanfare Scalloped Border die.  It has just the right size and curve of a stem.  The background of my circle element is from Circles and Diamonds Stitched Pattern die and the sentiment is from the Darling Diamonds stamp set.  I added some scattered sequins and I think this is a cute card to leave out for my daughter on St. Patrick's Day.  What do you think?

18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think it's CUTE Cathy! Love your little shamrock!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy I just love this card. Fabulous is so many ways. Great colours, sentiment and the embossed circle and your shamrock! Love!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and that you used the Fanfare for the stem--Squeal!!

Kylie said...

LOVE your card!! So clean and I just love that bright green. Plus, I wanted to say thanks for your lovely comments on my fairy fae card. You are too sweet!!

Robin K. said...

Delightful card!

Joyce said...

Oh, I just love this card. It is so bright and cheery, and you have shown me several new and unique uses for dies I already have. Gotta love a card I can case without shopping first. Perfect for your daughter for St. Patty's day.

Rose said...

super cute and fun :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

Sharron said...

Love this card, Cathy! The green & white looks so wonderfully crisp and pretty. Your design is fabulous and the shamrock just adorable.

Unknown said...

Totally gorgeous and love those stitched dies! Isn't it funny how ideas come at sometimes the most inconvenient times...hehe. Glad you were able to post it and share!

~amy~ said...

Super FUN!
thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the fresh simplicity of this! Very cute!

Lisa Petrella said...

That shamrock is so super cute! And I LOVE the stripes and that Hello sentiment!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...fabulous card and I love your take on the shamrock, so fun and I think I will have to give this a try.

Lori said...

Too fun! Love the little shamrock you made from the heart die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Jeanne J. said...

This is fab! Thinking outside the box again!! I love that little shamrock and the quilted background behind it... oh and all those sparkly sequins YUMMMMM!

Diane Jaquay said...

What an awesome card this is! I love the heart shamrock and the pattern impressed in the circle! I see that you've grown even MORE talented since I took a break from crafting. I think of you every time I look at the sock monkey ornament you sent my daughter :)

Anonymous said...

So So cute!!, I love it!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in with STS!