Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

CASology#87: Blush (The First I love You)


First thing Tuesday morning, I always check to see what the new cue word for the CASology challenge is for the coming week.  When I saw this week's word: BLUSH...I thought I was going to have a tough time coming up with something.  At first all I could think of was the color Sweet Blush, but there were already examples of that in the gallery and I wanted to come up with something a little different for my card.   I'm not sure how different this is, but here's my take on the cue word BLUSH...The First I Love You!
I know I should, but I honestly don't remember where we were or when it happened the first time my husband said "I love you" to me, but I am sure that I must have blushed just a little when he said it to me all those years ago.  I used some stamps that are from Fresh Squeezed Stamps, one of my favorite companies that are unfortunately no longer in business.  Those cute little "potty people" and the speech bubble are from Breath of Fresh Flair.  I used some Paper Smooches stamps(Sweet Hearts) for the I heart You sentiment and the cute arrow with the heart inside.  The larger sentiment stamped on the Lil Inker Instant Camera Die is brand new from My Favorite Things Stamps (Magical Memories).  
So...what does "blush" mean to you?  I am really looking forward  to seeing what makes everyone blush!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Cathy, this is absolutely adorable! I love, love, love your take on the trigger word!

Alanna said...

This is just darling. I love the tilted panel and the fun stamps.

Joyce said...

Cathy--this is so creative and fabulous. Super interpretation of the word 'blush'. If your Warren is anything like my Peter, he would have been the one doing most of the blushing! Thanks so much for playing at CASology this week.

Robin K. said...

Such a cute and thoughtful take on the cue!

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be Cathy! Love your design!!

Jasleen Kaur said...

Aww....this is such a beautiful card Cathy. Perfect take on the cue word.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! What a darling card! I love the off center paper and the potty people! I like the name of your blog...it applies to me too lol

Marybeth said...

Aww cute post and cute interpretation of the word blush. Adorable card!

Sharron said...

What a sweet take on the cue word! Love your adorable card!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...this is just too sweet! I love the pink and the sweet red hearts. so fun.

Judy1223 said...

Cathy, I love that shade of blush pink AND the sentiment and story, too. Ah, love! That can make you blush, too! Love the angled paper and the photo frame. Very clever! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jeanne J. said...

Awwww! Smiling ear to ear here! Sweet story and wonderful card. I love that sentiment, and all these years later I bet he can still make you blush!

Deepti said...

You nailed the cue card, what an amazing idea. Love the subtle use of pink !!

wienerhoneymooners said...

How sweet, I just love this design!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, always such a joy to see your creations!