Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions: March with Kelly


Can you believe it is the last day of March?  Time for our March edition of the 12 Kits of Occasions.  Our monthly card kit was hosted by Kelly Schirmer of Gingham Girl and it is all about Spring and Easter.  We have another fabulous kit to work with...Kelly outdid herself this month.  Check out all the ingredients grouped together in a beautiful photo courtesy of Kara.

If this doesn't get you inspired to make some Easter/Springtime cards, I don't know what will!  I made four cards with my kit this month.

This is my favorite.  I love the cute little punched bunnies Kelly sent us and thought they looked so cute peeking out from behind some of the Easter eggs.


My second card uses the cute Easter basket with lots of colored eggs decked out with Diamond Glaze for lots of dimension.

 Kelly must have been stamping eggs for days...I used some of mine in a cute patterned paper envelope and that sweet wooden butterfly button.


 My last card makes use of the cute tulip image and some of the patterned paper we received in our kit.  Even the sentiment was pre-stamped...such a quick card to put together.

Want to see more from the 12 Kits of Occasions group?  Head on over to the 12 Kits of Occasions blog so that you can go around and see what the rest of the team has done with this month's kit.  You will notice we have a nice new look to our blog this month...thanks to Tracey who updated the blog with a fresh new design!  Thanks Tracey!

All the supplies are listed on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog under the tab Monthly Kit Supplies 2014 here.
Thank you Kelly for a very fun kit...I have all my family's Easter cards all done and ready to mail with time to spare!

16 comments:

Lynn said...

I love them all Cathy but especially love those bold stripes on the first one!

Alanna said...

Four fabulous cards. I think your favorite is my favorite as well.

Marybeth said...

Adorable Easter cards Cathy! I agree Kelly must have been stamping and die cutting all day. Love the glossy stuff on the eggs for more dimension . So cute the way the bunnies are peeking out from behind the eggs.
Happy ,happy ,happy!

Anonymous said...

Cathy...so fun and so many beauties! I love your gorgeous Easter basket, the colors you choose and the glossy eggs, so fun! But my favorite of the bunch is your first card, I love those sweet little bunnies peeking around the eggs is so clever and sweet!

Jeanne J. said...

All your cards are beautiful Cathy but the one I cant take my eyes off of is the first one. I couldn't figure out how to use that striped die, but beyond that I love the bunnies peeking out from the eggs, the birds on the fence and the sentiment cloud. Your stepping into collage territory here and it looks fab!

Kelly S. said...

I am SO in love with that first card it's kinda bordering on "weird" heeee! Love the little bunnies peeking out and the sweet birds on the fence. Reminds me of a children's book. And how sweet are those eggs in the envelope?! Love the wrapped twine with the button and sentiment banner. Your glazed eggs are perfect with that plaid paper! Amazing creations, Cathy!!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love all of these, Cathy, especially the envelope filled with eggs, too too cute!

Robin K. said...

Adorable cards! I especially love all the eggs peeking out of the envie:)

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful mix of cards Cathy!! Love them all, but the first with the bunnies tucked among the eggs is my fave!!

Joyce said...

These are all so wonderful. Love them all. I can see that you had a good time with this kit. My favorite is the one with the eggs coming out of the mini envie. That was so clever.

Sharron said...

Your first card wins the prize for most adorable scene! Those bunnies couldn't be cuter! The eggs and gingham background look wonderful and are perfect for Easter. Love your pretty basket full of colorful eggs and the envelope bursting with more. Great job with Kelly's kit, Cathy!!

Renee said...

I thought I had left a comment last night...
but you're where my internet fizzled on me! :)
Gorgeous fun as always!
Love that gorgeous basket with those yummy eggs...
but I hoarded that plaid paper...
I just love plaid!! :)
And the eggs coming out of the envie...
adorable! :)
Love 'em all!

Kara said...

beautiful scene and i love the envelope full of eggs!! such beautiful projects!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy all gorgeous, as soon as I saw your first cover plate is our gallery I decided not to use mine so i could CASE you later. I especially LOVE the eggs in the envelope--so brilliant. Fantastic job Cathy, so sorry it has taken me so long to visit!

Jen Carter said...

These are all so cute!! I really enjoyed seeing how you used the supplies!

The Paper Parade said...

What fabulous ideas this month, Cathy! I love the added diamond glaze on the eggs in the basket, definitely gives them that extra glitz! Then the striped card? Beautiful! I love how the sweet bunny is peeking out from behind the egg :) And the envelope full of eggs was a genius idea!