Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions: April with Tracey

We are tickled pink today...at least our 12 Kits of Occasions group are as we share our April kit with a pink theme just perfect for Spring.  Our hostess this month is Tracey McNeely of In My Creative Opinion.  She sent each of the members of our group a beautiful package of everything pink...with lots of pretty papers, feathers, flowers and twine.  Here's a picture of our kit ingredients:
                               

My first card is my favorite and also used up the most kit ingredients on one card.
                            
I loved the pink and white straw and the cute banners.  This card is a heavy one and definitely a "hand it to you" rather than mail it kind of card.
                        
My second card used some of the beautiful patterned papers along with one of the mini feathers and sequins that Tracey included in our kits.


I used a pinked rectangle to cut out one of the sentiments that Tracey sent us and ended up using the negative space along with the die cut flowers.  There is a touch of woodgrain added to the white on white too.


Pretty as a picture...that's how I felt about the cute tulip stamps...and that little pink paperclip?  Loved it!

This post is short and sweet...my excuse can be seen in the picture below.  You can find out more about the products we used this month as well as links to the other designers in the 12 Kits of Occasions group over at the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog.  Thank you Tracey for the fabulous kit, which you obviously put such thought and care into creating for us this month.

As if our kit wasn't enough pink, here's another reason why I am tickled pink this month...my second grandchild, Blakely Shea was born just last week and she is adorable and oh so pink!  






14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Cathy - nobody does layers like/as well as you do! Wow, I'm just loving your cards - and would LOve to snuggle that little darling bundle!
=] Michele

Marybeth said...

Oh Cathy Blakely is gorgeous ,congrats again!
Love what you did with the kit,so many pretty pink cards! I loved the straw too but couldn't find a way to use it ....you came up with a brilliant way to use it!

Joyce said...

Your cards are so cute and beautiful, but do not hold a candle to your Blakely Shea! Love you used so many of the kit elements, especially the ones that stumped me--the straw and that tiny paper clip.

Jeanne J. said...

So happy to read your post... you're letting your newest creation Blakely steal the show. OMG! She is adorable! SO tiny and look at that hair!! I adore your cards Cathy - you know I love all you do and miss seeing you around. You're on a more important mission right now... but you sure rocked this kit my friend!! Hugs and love to you!

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter ~ how exciting for you!! Terrific mix of cards from the kit Cathy. Love popping in here to see your pretty designs!

Sharron said...

OMG, congratulations! Blakely is absolutely adorable and how exciting to now have two grandbabies! Love your cards--such wonderful bright colors and great layering! Glad to see how you used the straw. That one really stumped me. Hugs to you and your two precious little ones!

Kim Heggins said...

Four fabulous and amazing cards! I love them all but your first card is my favorite of the bunch. Those wonderful banners and that straw, you are so amazing. And your new grand baby, so sweet! Congratulations!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful cards! I just love these bright colors and unique designs! Just gorgeous!

Darnell said...

I vaguely remember that you made some awesome cards with Tracey's kit, but they all went right out of my grandma mind when I saw this photo of the pink and precious Blakely!! Congratulations, Cathy!! Enjoy!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy what a fabulous take on this kit, you always layers so perfectly. I am in awe on your talent with that! The right papers and the right elements combined. Congratulations on the birth on your second grandchild! Blakely is a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl!

Jill Norwood said...

Congratulations Grandma Cathy! Blakey is so beautiful! What a wonderful way to be spending your time - being with 2 beautiful grand babies! Your cards are beautiful too! I love all the pretty layers!

Suzanne said...

Hello, Beautiful Blakley! Congrats, Cathy! That's super exciting! Your cards are all so gorgeous! I love all the paper-layering, and I really love how you incorporated the straw into the border on the card toward the top. Just beautiful work!

The Paper Parade said...

Congratulations, Grandma! Your little one is beautiful :) And so are the cards! I love how you described the first one as using all of the supplies on one card. That is amazing! I like the crisscrossed banners! I also love the card with the die cut and gingham in the background, that is a neat technique that is easy but makes a statement, I'm going to have to try that! I love the little addition of the tiny feather on the hello card, and the yellow on the last is so happy and cheery :)

Lindsey said...

You did such a fabulous job with this kit, Cathy! I'm amazed at all the goodies you were able to use and love the variety of layouts you created. But I must say, your darling new little one totally stole the show. Wishing you many congrats and lots and lots of loves and cuddles with your new grandbaby.