Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Rescue Remedies Thank You


Just got my Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedy Additions set in the mail and had to break it out right away to make a thank you card for a friend.  I actually used three different Waltzingmouse sets on this card.  I used Text-It  for the background, the Very Vintage Labels  No.4 dotted outline on the peach colored mat and of course, the sentiment is from the Rescue Remedies Additions.  Is that patterned paper not the most beautiful paper you have ever seen?  I can't believe I am describing paper as beautiful, but the Websters Pages, Country Estate paper is absolutely gorgeous.  I got three sheets of 12 x 12 paper and have made two cards so far. I have enough to make several more, and since it is double-sided, there are so many pattern options.  I used a zigzag stitch in brown thread on the Half and Half diecut,  made a doily and added a sparkly and glittered up Prima rose for another peach colored accent.  I am trying very hard to break out of my "only CAS" cardstyle.  Waltzingmouse Stamps are just the perfect stamps to use as I try out a new style of stamping, a little more vintage than what I usually make.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!
Those papers are fabby...
and so perfect for this card...
LOVE that rose!! :)
And that text background...
perfect!!
A gorgeous card...
see...
you can do more than CAS!! :)

Joyce said...

Wow. You are channeling someone for sure. This is a beautiful card, and I never would have guessed it was yours. Great job trying a new style. You've got it down.

Marybeth said...

Cathy I think its beautiful and I love the way you put it all together. I like the new vintage style for you.

Keva said...

Cathy, this is so very pretty! I love the colors you used. As far as breaking out of the CAS style, I'd say you totally did that. This card rocks!