Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quickie Father's Day

Hope everyone has finished up their Father's Day cards. I just made mine and I admit I didn't put too much thought or time into it. I am happy that I could whip up a masculine card without running out to Michaels for some ingredient I just had to have for it though. For this card I used a kraft base with an ocean tides layer impressed with the PTI woodgrain plate. I just love this plate and am always amazed how much a little texture can enhance a simple card. When A Little Argyle came out, I didn't think it was a stamp set I had to have. As I was digging through my box of $1 stamps from Michaels, I came across a tiny argyle stamp with only 3 little images. I gave it a try and realized how much I loved to make that kind of pattern. I am going to add A Little Argyle to my next order as I kept imagining how nice it would have been to stamp in more than one color. I even stamped a little pattern on the inside of the card and the envelope. I will say I usually like the things I stamp to be crisp & perfect with no smears, but this time I purposely (gasp) distressed the edges with ink. I loved the way it turned out kind of messy, but still fit with the card. This was also the first time I have used my Fillable Frames #4 with the Father's Day sentiment. Of all the dies I have from PTI, this one was the most easy to line up the first time, without any practice. I know I am going to be using this stamp and die a lot. I love my dad dearly, but I know he will whip open this card and not even pay the slightest bit of attention to any of the details, but at least I know how many different items I used to make it. I hope everyone has a great Father's Day and enjoys spending time with the men in your life.
Details:
Paper: PTI Kraft, Ocean Tides & Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Fillable Frames #4 and an unknown argyle stamp
Ink: PTI Ocean Tides
Accessories: PTI Fillable Frame #4 Die and Woodgrain Impression Plate

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Perfect masculine card!I love the ocean tides with the kraft.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. It makes me want to go back and re-make the ones I made today. :)

Lori said...

Great masculine card!! Fantastic colors!! I just received a couple impression plates and I'm loving them!!

Laurie said...

What a great card! I love the Argyle with the distressed edges! TFS!

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!!

Barbara said...

Great card, Cathy! I love the colors!

Diane Jaquay said...

Really gorgeous card Cathy! I love the argyle with the woodgrain and that label, just perfect! And I love the argyle stamped on the envie too!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is wonderful, so manly looking! I looove to ink up the edges, and I think you did great - you should do it more often! ;) I have that FF stamp but haven't gotten the die yet, maybe I should. :)

Heidi said...

I love this card! The wood texture really looks great with the argyle!