Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

PTI June Blog Hop "Color"

Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
The challenge for June's PTI blog hop is color. I was flipping through a magazine and fell in love with this cute, summery dress, necklace, purse and sandals. The color combinations jumped out to me and said " PTI". I began with a dark chocolate base just like in the dress. I loved the layers of ruffles on the bottom of the dress so I cut two layers from Dotti Biscotti paper with PTI's large scallop die. I used a strip of ric rac in raspberry fizz and orange zest as an accent. I love using that ric rac die. The woven purse in the picture was more than an accessory to me and I tried to capture the feel of it by using a Spellbinder Nestability Label #3 stamped with the sentiment, run through the linen impression plate and folded over the top of the card. It doesn't show up too well in the picture, but in person it looks a little woven like the purse. I used some tea dye around the edges. Wow, that kraft paper sucks up the tea dye. I had to use at least 3 layers to get it to show. The finishing touch was an orange brad and some little beads left over from a pair of earrings to mimic the necklace. All in all, I think this card is a good take on the cute dress in the magazine and also highlights some of PTI's fabulous colors.
Details:
Paper: Dark Chocolate, kraft, dotti biscotti, raspberry fizz and orange zest
Stamps: PTI Round and Round
Ink: Dark Chocolate and tea dye
Accessories: Large scallop die, Ric rac die, Linen Impression Plate, Spellbinder Labels #3, brad and beads

33 comments:

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Cute card, Cathy! Yes, you did a great job making your card with the dress as inspiration. Nice job!

Taheerah said...

Oooh, this is yummy - love those colours together!

Ted said...

This card reminds me of yummy ice cream. Love it!

Bonita Rose said...

great colors combo.. wow!

Mariana said...

Lovely combo and a beautiful card!!

Rebecca said...

great inspiration! the ric rac die is the perfect touch!

Marge said...

Great inspiration piece & great job carrying it through onto your card!!! Love it!!!

Linda said...

Great card! Nice job fulfilling the challenge and interpreting your inspiration piece.

Jen Carter said...

How fun to recreate the dress! Cute color combo too!

Jill said...

Yes! You totally thought outside the box with your color combo, Cathy, and it's so cool! I love how you used the dress & accessories for your inspiration!!

Nerina said...

Oh this is cute! I love the rick rack and the scallops mixed - they really do echo your inspiration piece!

Heather P. said...

This is SO fun! Love your take on your inspiration piece! :)

Stephanie said...

great color combo & great take on your inspiration!

Andrea M said...

What a fun color combo! I love Rasp FIzz and Orange! Great card. Happy hopping!

Kelly S. said...

Oh look at that cute layout to match the dress! Love the scalloped bottom and the fun beads...this color combo looks right up Dawn's alley!

Daniela F. said...

What a super pretty card and color combo! Love how you translated your inspiration picture onto the card, especially the recycled earings :)

Victoria said...

Fun! I like how you got your inspiration from a magazine pic. I'm always giving magazines an extra look now to see if I can glean color inspiration or even a layout from them.

Debbie Gaydos said...

Cathy, this is just SO adorable! I love how you really incorporated so many elements of your inspiration piece. I especially like the scalloped "ruffles"! Too cute!

Becky Carafa said...

Very clever, love your take and the combo!

Laurie said...

What a fun inspiration piece! I love the combo! Great card!

Lorraine said...

Too cute! Love your take on the inspirational photo.

Anika said...

Fun card! Love how you layered those Dotty Biscotti papers!

Terri said...

Cute card. Cool color combo too!

Anonymous said...

I love the pop of color of the ric rac-very fun card!!

jen said...

Love your inspiration pic & how you put those colors together!! Great card! :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the dress and the shoes and the bag and the card! FAB! One of the coolest things about being an empty nester is there is more time to make cards!!!

Maureen said...

LOVE raspberry with orange...double yummy!!! And against kraft...perfection :)

~Tammy~ said...

Great card and love your inspiration!

Barbara said...

Wonderful color combo, Cathy, and I love your card!

Heidi said...

Cathy this is a great color combination! What a fun card! I love the Dotti Biscotti paper ruffles on the bottom!!!

Rosanne said...

Terrific card and colour combo!

Lori said...

You did a great job creating based on your inspiration piece! Fun combination of colors and patterns.

peggysue said...

Those colors on the kraft really pop!