Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"American Girl" Friendship Jar

This year my husband and I will not be home for the 4th of July. I want my daughter to know we are thinking of her on the 4th, so I got her some flowers and made a cute tag with the new PTI Friendship Jar set. The tag is stamped in Enchanted Evening ink and filled in with the polka dot filler stamped in a royal blue ink. I used one of the dies to make a little ruffled collar and stamped it with stars. The little tag from the set is stamped with a cheap little stamp from Michaels and says "American Girl". My daughter Carly used to love the American Girl song by Carrie Underwood, so this sentiment was perfect for her. I added a few stars, some silver glitter and two mini flags and the tag was complete. I made a simple band to go around the quart jars I bought for less than $1 each. The band is attached with scoretape and a 12" strip just goes around the jar exactly, not a sliver to spare. I think next time I will at a little more paper to be able to wrap it around with a little overlap. One detail I added was the red, white and blue ponytail band stars that fit around the jar. They made a really easy embellishment to simple jar. I gave the flowers to my daughter today right before we left along with some mini-cupcakes with little flags in them. I think she gets it that we will be thinking of her while we are gone. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July holiday!

11 comments:

Maggie said...

What a nice mom you are! Your project is so cute!

Anika said...

Sweet! Love your little project.

Lee Anne said...

This is over the top! I love everything about it!

Rhonda said...

What a great idea! What a great Mom.

Monica K. said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift for your daughter! :) And it's also a really beautiful project too. The decorations you added are awesome.

Heidi said...

I love this project! What a fun gift to leave for her. Your pictures are so pretty. That is so clever to use the ponytail bands to decorate the jar!

Unknown said...

oh such a pretty tag!! its really cool!

Barbara said...

Fabulous project, Cathy! I love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE this!!! I wish my little girl was into the American Girl series, so far she doesn't seem to have an interest :(

Eva said...

So patriotic. Thank you for sharing this...it does give me inspiration!

Susan said...

Aww, this is really cute and so sweet of you to do that! The more I see your creations with the Friendship Jar, the more I think I need it!