Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pages 6,7 & 8 Baby Boy/Girl Scrapbook

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in a whole month. That doesn't mean I quit using my stamps and scrapbook equipment. Actually, I had the month off as our school was off-track (year-round school) and during this time I concentrated solely on getting at least 1/2 of my baby book project completed. I didn't quite get to half, but I did get a lot accomplished. Pages 6 & 7 are a two page spread titled We Are Family with the hopes that it eventually will hold pictures of the baby with lots of the family members. I used some digital paper (girl background) and made the background for the boy layout with PTI polka dot basics. That sure was a lot of polka dots to stamp and color, although I love how it turned out. The boy book is actually my favorite because of the warm brown and blue colors. I cut out the title on my cricut after welding the words together.
Page 8 is a single page spread titled Cute as a Button. I used solid card stock for these pages and scored the perimeter with my scor-bug. This was my first time using it and I think it added a little extra something to the very plain solid paper. I used my outline alphabet stamp for the title, again my first time using this stamp set. I colored in one letter of each word with stickles for some sparkle and texture. I also fit in the Cute as a Button sentiment from Baby Button Bits.
So, 8 pages down, 11 to go before the end of June. I only made one card this whole month and it was a total case of Debbie Olson's Dragonfly card. I hope to soon be back making cards again once I finish all my baby books.

6 comments:

Heather P. said...

These are totally ADORABLE! I can't believe you colored in all of those polka dots, that must've taken a looong time, but it looks awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! They look so great! Love them!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love these cute pages. Great job.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love your pages, very cute and colorful!!

Keva said...

Very pretty! I could not have colored in all of those dots..great job!

Dana said...

Oh Cathy these are so cute. I love that you colored the polka dots...holy crow!