Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WMSC#80-Dainty Doilies

I was so inspired yesterday by all the "sweet" goodness created for the Waltzingmouse Blog Party.  It's not too late to check out some really cute cards and sweet treats.  Here's a link.   I especially loved the beautiful colors used by many of the entries.  Today I made a card using one of my most recent favorite color combinations, gray and berry sorbet.  Here is this weeks sketch on which I based by card:
Where as many people who used this sketch saw long paper strips, I saw smaller squares in this sketch. 

I used patterned paper by Authentique, the Uncommon collection and used pinking shears to cut out the postage stamp patterned paper.  I layered it onto some smokey shadow cardstock and another long strip of Authentique paper in a really pretty damask pattern for the center band.  I used some dark peach velvet ribbon and some cream colored pom-pom ball trim.  The doily is stamped with Waltzingmouse Stamps Dainty Doilies Large onto Authentique paper with gray ink.  The sentiment is from Teeny Trees.  I added a rose, a twine bow and some tiny pearls for a little bling.  I love the vintage postal feel to this card.  Thanks for taking a look!

20 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I like the "stamps" and the gorgeous bobble ribbon on your card. The colours are yummy!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cathy - Very pretty! Love the cut out stamps, that beautiful flower on the doilie and that Authentique paper!!! Great Valentine card!

Renee said...

How beautiful!
You know I love this paper...
I died over this paper...
and love how you have used it for this sketch!
That doily and flower...
the little tag...
all of it is just gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...the way you used the stmaps to create this card is just so perfect. And the trim just seems to fit with everything else you did. Just beautiful.

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Cathy, I love the individual little stamps, and the pom pom trim is lush!

Kelly S. said...

Ohhhh I LOVE the postage stamps, Cathy! Such a great idea to pair them with the doily for a lovely vintage theme. The rose and pom poms are such fun embellishments! Awesome sketch card, as always :)!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the pinked paper stamps, fabulous use of the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers!

Joyce said...

Oh, this is so beautiful. I love how you cut out the stamps on that paper. Love that paper, by the way. All the other embellishments are just perfect, too.

Amy Kolling said...

Cathy, I'm just loving this paper! It was perfect for this sketch.......Beautiful card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

I know! The waltz-party was awesome and so is your card! WOW so many amazing details and such a creative take on the sketch! I LOVE it!

Jean Martin said...

FABULOUS idea!!!! LOVE that you used the stamps as backgrounds!!! So glad you could share this with us at WMSC! :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

what a great design with the stamps and pompom fringe!

Kim Duran said...

Cathy, oh my goodness...this is amazing! I love the postage stamps. What a clever way to follow the sketch! But then again, you always come up with something fabulous to share with us at WMSC!

Vickie Z said...

Love the postage stamps... How clever to use pinking shears...will keep that in mind!!! That doily is gorgeous and love the pompoms!!!

Savitri said...

LOVE the postage stamp idea!! So clever! The card is beautiful!

Sharron said...

That is the most gorgeous paper and I love how you 'pinked' them into individual stamps! The doily & flower are so pretty--and I love the pom pom trim!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cathy! Love the pretty WM doily topped off with the little pearls! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Stephanie said...

Thank you so very much for your wonderfully kind words on my blog Cathy, it's been a real pleasure checking out your blog too :) The swirly font is Edwardian Script ITC & the plain font is Copperplate Gothic Light. The stamp sets I used are Papertrey Rosie Posie (& matching dies), Papertrey Ink Butterfly Dreams (& matching die) & Waltzing Mouse Big Day Essentials. I got the diamante buckles from ebay - just drop me a line if you need any further info :) xxx

Marybeth said...

Sorry I missed this card Cathy. Love it! I agree the colors are great together. Love the way you used the pinking sheers to cut apart the stamps.