Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

4 of a Kind-January


Time flies.  It's my turn again to play hostess for our 4 of a Kind club which consists of four friends who love to stamp and make cards. We take turns hosting the club and sending the other members a kit of identical ingredients that are used to make a card which is revealed on our blogs a few weeks later.  Every single month the kits have been so creative and I had a really hard time trying to come up with a kit that was anything close to as good as my three friends, Renee, Joyce and Kim have sent me.  I wanted to do something a little different this month, so this is the kit I sent to everyone.
I included some beautiful patterned papers by Authentique from the "Uncommon" collection.  I also made a couple of notepad templates and included notepads and stamped images from Papertrey Inks Take Note stamp set.  There was some ribbon, buttons, felt flower diecuts, paper clips and a Tim Holtz rosette.

Here is what I made with my kit:
First up, a mini notepad, just the right size to pop in my purse.  It has a little mini pen attached and a 3 x 3 Sticky Notepad on the inside.  

Next up, a matching card.

I cheated a bit and made myself another Tim Holtz Rosette to use as the focal point.  This time I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink Flutterby Friend and a melon berry felt rolled flower as a pop of color.  The card edges are cut with a Spellbinder Edgeability die with an interesting tulip shaped edge. 

Here are the two projects together:
Now that you have seen my projects, please go take a look at what my three friends have done with their kits.

Renee

Joyce

Kim

13 comments:

Renee said...

Cathy these are fabulous!
One...
you sent incredible kits...
I absolutely loved the colors...
the paper...
and that velvet ribbon! :)
And then the idea to send note sets...
LOVE it! :)
But love the edging on the card...
perfect
and then the way you cut the paper for the sticky pad...
all of it is truly gorgeous!
I think you've raised the bar for us now! :)

Kara said...

beautiful kit!! so fun to see how everyone has used it!! great projects!

Heidi said...

That's a beautiful, thoughtful kit Cathy! I think your notepad and matching card are gorgeous!

Penny said...

Love the elements of the kit, what you all did with them and the idea to share in the first place. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, both of these are just so beautiful, but then how can you go wrong with all of the incredible ingredients you sent. Love the way both your card and note pad coordinate as well, just fabulous!

Joyce said...

Your kits were amazing--I'm sure you can see how much I loved every single thing you sent. You know, I've been wanting to make a note pad and post it holder for ages, and now I have both! I love what you have done with the kit for yourself. Such creative edging. For some crazy reason, I couldn't figure out how to use that rolled rose, but I may go back and stick one on, just like you did.

Marybeth said...

Wow!!! First of all I love the kit and the colors of the kit you sent the girls. Your notepad and cards are amazing. Love the folded circle? ( cant think of the name) . Everyone made such beautiful projects with the beautiful kit you sent.

BethieJ said...

Cathy your kit was BEAUTIFUL you sent.. and your projects (as were all the girls!) simply BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVED everything!!
My friends and I BORROWED you girls FUN idea.. So Thank You for the inspiration!!
Have a GREAT day!

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy, I love love love your friends card! The little felt flower, the rosette, velvet ribbon and Authentique paper! WOW~! You done good girl! This would be a fab kit to get in the mail!

Joni M said...

I love your kit, Cathy! We just finished our first month of 4-of-a-kind, and had a blast creating! Thank-you for your wonderful inspiration!

Mara Campbell said...

You put together one amazing kit!! I love all the projects and especially love the pleated flowers. Pretty pretty stuff!!

Sharron said...

Wow, your kit is amazing! I fell in love the instance I saw the colors! Both of your projects are so lovely--those rosettes are just gorgeous and the papers are SO pretty!

Jen Carter said...

Cathy, these are gorgeous!! I really enjoy seeing what you girls do with your kits! Very, very pretty!!