Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WMSC#79: Birthday Wishes

Today I have a card I made for WMSC#79, the first sketchof 2012.  Here is what the sketch looked like:
Being a little short on time this week, my card needed to be CAS.  Here it is:


I used a smokey shadow cardbase stamped with a sentiment from Say It Loud and embossed it with a leafy pattern embossing folder.  I stamped the smaller rose from Roses in Bloom onto some polka dot Stampin Up paper, and popped up all three layers.  The striped strip is also Stampin Up Paper which was layered over two rows of the very large border stamp from Victorian Frippery.  I did a little zig zag and straight stitching and added a few of the pretty leaves from Roses In Bloom for a little additional color.  The final touch was a little glitter to the flower center.  Thanks for taking a look at my first card of 2012!

16 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Cathy, I love this colour combo, and the beautiful rose stamped on the patterned paper. The embossed background looks terrific too, great texture and depth on this beautiful card.

Melissa said...

So pretty, Cathy! I LOVE the embossed background and the beautiful colors!

Teresa Kline said...

what a gorgeous color combo and I adore the texture...fabulous...have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Marybeth said...

This is a gorgeous card ! I love the embossing folder you used. And I love the smokey shadow , I used that today too. It's a soft alternative to black. Beautiful flower and nice job on sewing. I will have to check if any new stamps came in yet. Great first card of 2012!

Renee said...

Love these colors...
and those roses are gorgeous!
A great take on the sketch...
and I think a great start to 2012!! :)

Joyce said...

What a great card. You can do CAS so well. Don't let Carly sway you! Love the colors and that border is just so cute. I wish I knew how to sew on my cards, but I would probably just muck it up.

Sharron said...

Great card--love the embossed grey background and your gorgeous rose! They make such a beautiful color combo!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, this is just so beautiful and elegant. The colors are so soft and sweet.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Ooooh, Cathy, I love this! The embossed background is super in that deep grey and the pieced rose is beautiful! Great job!

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy, Finally I can take a peek!! Love that deep rich embossed background, the gorgeous flower and that lacy border trim in pink - just yummy!

Denise said...

I love grey and pink together & I have wanted Victorian Frippery for.ever. Lovely work, Cathy - you are GREAT with the WMS stamps.

Kelly S. said...

Oh that embossing folder is AMAZING! The texture is perfect behind the beautiful rose. Love the panels of color and your awesome bits of stitching, Cathy! I'm so glad the WMSC is back in full swing, aren't you ? :) :)

Lenet said...

Beautiful!! Love the colorcombo and the embossingfolder is great!!
thanks for joining us at WMSC

Deborah Frings said...

Cathy - it's fabulous. Love the colours, the pretty frippery border and your rose is just gorgeous.

Laurie said...

Cathy this is gorgeous! I love the embossing!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE the embossing, it adds just the perfect touch to the flower! Gorgeous!