Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Waltzing Mouse Blog Party "Sweet Things"

It's the 17th of the month and time for Waltzingmouse stamps new "Blog Party!"  No longer called a waltz, it's still based on a specific theme and will now be posted on the Waltzingmouse Blog using InLinkz. 

This month's theme is "Sweet Things".  My project is very sweet, although not an edible kind of sweet.  My son Andy got engaged on Christmas Day and I made a card to congratulate Andy and Ashley on this big occasion . Here's the card I gave them on Christmas Day. 
 I loved the folded and layered doily and the tulip border edge on this card.  Since I am making a wedding scrapbook for the happy couple, I made a scrapbook page for their book to coordinate with the card I made them. 

Here's my "Sweet Thing" of a romantic nature!

I tried to make it look as much like the original card as possible.  I didn't have any pink and white striped paper, so I made my own by cutting pink strips and gluing them on the cream cardstock.  I used a border punch to imitate the tulip border on the card.  I didn't have any music background paper large enough for a 12 x 12 layout, so I stamped some!  It is difficult to see in the picture, but Waltzingmouse Stamps Text It is stamped in pink over the dark chocolate music background.  I made another layered and folded doily, just like the one on the card.  It uses WM Nordic Winter images and adds some nice texture to this card.

 I stamped a mat with sentiments from  WM Big Day Additions and added some champagne glasses from WM Join Us set.  This mat was run through a Linen and Canvas impression plate and popped up on dimensionals. 

I used some of the same brown and cream lace as well as some pearls for embellishments just like on the original card.  The letters were cut with PTI's Alpha dies.  The picture was taken on Christmas Day and you'll notice Ashley made sure her pretty ring was front and center.  I think this is pretty "sweet", don't you?

Now get on over the the Waltzingmouse Blog and check out a whole lot of "Sweet Things".

28 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Cathy, what a wonderful way to celebrate your sons engagement - a really stunningly beautiful card and a wonderful keepsake you've given them in the form of a scrapbook page. So sweet and thoughtful xx

Kim Heggins said...

What an elegant scrapbook page! And what you do with those doilies is just genius. Such a sweet picture too.

Pauline said...

I love your matching scrapbook page Cathy! A wonderful keepsake of this special occasion!

Super Jen said...

Your future daughter in law looks over the moon happy!

Renee said...

LOVE this!!
And so will they! :)
They look so incredibly happy...
a beautiful couple!
And it compliments the card so incredibly well...
a treasure for sure!
Can't believe you stamped that music all the way across...
it fabulous!
And cut all those pink strips...
truly, truly something to treasure for all their happy years together!

Artes de Nágela said...

I loved all!

Marybeth said...

Both the card and page layout are gorgeous! They make an adorable couple! They both look so happy! This will be so nice to have and look back on. Cant wait to see the end result scrapbook. Congrats to all!

Kary said...

Hi Cathy! Congrats to your son!! The card is SO pretty!! Love the beautiful details on it, and the layout is equally Gorgeous!! What a beautiful photo of the happy couple too! Great job!!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful scrapbook page. And, how nice that it matches the card. That was a lot of work, but what a nice memory you have created. I'll bet next time you make a card, you'll make sure to have lots of 12X12 extras around. I can't believe you made your own striped and music printed paper.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Cathy! Beautiful card and scrapbook page! I love the pretty folded doily and all the details - the double border at the bottom and all that pretty lace! I know this is something they will treasure forever. I can see all the love in this one - just gorgeous!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

How lovely! Beautiful card and a wonderful layout!

Congratulations to you all :O)

Ali x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so sweet in every way! Wonderful beautiful details - LOVE how you folded the doily.
Hugs, Karin

rudlis said...

Beautiful! Great design!!
Have a nice day!

Trish said...

Beautiful card and layout!
Trish xx

Deborah Frings said...

Not only have you made the most gorgeous card, you've made a fabulous layout to remember the day too! This is wonderful and the happy couple look fab!

Mara Campbell said...

That folded doily is fantastic!! I like how you used it on the card an the layout.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Cathy - this is such a romantic layout. Love your doily flower and what a "sweet" occasion to scrapbook!

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh a sweet occasion to celebrate for sure, Cathy! Congratulations!!I just LOVE how you made your own striped PAPER! It's so perfect and evenly spaced...you will never need to buy the "real" thing again, hee! The elegant softness of the background really makes your photo the shining centerpiece. And that DOILY?! So a-ma-ZING!

JJ Bolton said...

Wonderful news and wonderful layout! So many fabulous details! I love the stripes and the design across the bottom edge. I'm sure this gift will be treasured forever:)

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful folded doily on this card! and a beautiful matching page for a beautiful young couple!

Ted said...

Cathy, that card and coordinating scrapbook page are simply gorgeous! I love how the doily is folded...such wonderful dimension. :) I'm very happy to the new Mom-in-law-to-be! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Cathy! What fabulous projects! Love the pretty Nordic centerpiece within the beautiful embellishment! Quite the memento!

Charmaine Stack said...

Congratulations to all of you! The couple looks so happy! Lovely projects to commemorate the event!

Sharron said...

Wow, what an outstanding project! The stripes and all your stamping is just beautiful! Every detail is just perfect and I adore those little pearl accents! This will be such a wonderful keepsake for the happy couple!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Cathy, this is just beautiful--your son and daughter-in-law are going to just adore their scrapbook! And the folded and layered doily--that is just amazing--wow! Can't wait to try it myself!

Chris L.

Unknown said...

OH WOW!!! Cathy!!! This is such a stunning set!! AND I can't believe that you cut all those wee pink strips!! Your folded doily is inspired and the nordic winter touch is just brilliant! Thank you so much for joining our WMS Blog Party!!

Jen Adcock said...

Sweet Jeebus! What a fantastic set! You are suich an extraordinary crafter Miss Cathy. I kid you not. What you did with that doily is borderline criminal. Yep it is that good!

LaurieJ said...

Wow, what a fantastic layout! It really shows that you put your heart into it. Love the striped paper that you created!