Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 4 of a Kind with Renee - Ocean Bound



Ahoy.  I am in quite the nautical mood today as I have had such fun making cards with our latest 4 of a Kind kit...this time hosted by Renee of It's a Patchwork Life.  You should have seen the gigantic, enormous, packed to the brim package we each received this month.   Here's a snapshot of our package:


As you can see, I was not exaggerating!  I made six cards with my kit and when I packed away the left-overs, my package was still full enough to make at least another six or so.  Here is what I made:


I am starting with my favorite.  I love the little whale and used some pieces left over from the Lil' Inker fanfare die to make an eye and eyebrow.  I added some seagulls to the stitched clouds and plan to use this for my nephew's 3rd birthday card.



I loved the anchor-embossed card stock Renee sent us in our kit.  I used some of the patterned paper and Mat Stack #3 from PTI to highlight the ships wheel from our kit.  Those brass brads were fun to use too.


How quick and easy this card was to make.  I didn't even have to stamp the whale...it was a sheet of patterned paper I die cut with the Lil' Inker notebook die.  More seagulls and that polka dot washi tape...also included in our kit.

I cheated a bit on this card.  Renee challenged us to tie this knot ourselves, even giving us enough rope to do it.  Did I?  Nope.  I just cut off the belly band Renee put around our package this month.  It was just too good not to use.  

Every single pieces of this card came from our kit...love the anchor patterned paper and the Lil Inker Fanfare die again.  

I really love the navy and white on this one...the white strip is actually another piece of washi tape from our package and the background patterned paper was already rounded.  This last card really did practically make itself.  

Do you see why I had so much fun with this kit?  I can only imagine how great the cards are going to be from the other three members of our group.  For the complete kit ingredient list, make sure to check out Renee's blogpost.  We'll be back in January with something fun from Joyce!

Renee (Our hostess)

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow--what an incredible mix of cards. I am so impressed that you used so many of the supplies in such unique ways. Your first card is so clever. Very fun to cut that circle and use the fanfare die cuts as waves, but what kills me on this card is the eye and eye brow--really! Super idea to layer that boat steering wheel (I know it has a real name), and thank you (NOT) for highlighting that lil inkers notebook die, which I now desperately need. They are all just so incredible, and than you for showing me what to do with those little flying bird stamps.

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...wow! What an amazing collection of nautical cards and each one is a masterpiece! So many fabulous and fun ideas you had too, can't wait to start using up my leftovers now! I love your first card, that has to be my favorite...what a fun way to use the fanfare die, waves for your sweet little whale and clouds too, so sweet. I have to agree with Joyce, that lil inkers notebook die is amazing and I love what you did with it and those bits of Washi tape, too cute for a thank you note. Fabulous is for using Renee's knot too, so glad I still have mine! Cathy, all of your cards are simply amazing...

Sharron said...

Love, love, love how you used the papers! All of your cards are just amazing! Your first card is so adorable. The Fanfare waves and the way you did his eye are such clever ideas. There was so much awesome stuff in Renee's kit and you used it to perfection!!

Darnell said...

You, guys! Really! I just came from Joyce's and now I'm seriously afraid to go to Kim's. It's too much! Your cards are masterpieces, each and every one, Cathy!! Hugs, Darnell

Renee said...

I love them all but that LI notebook is one of my top faves...
I love it!!
And the whale with the waves...
so adorably creative!
Love the way you mixed the papers...
they're all so incredible!
Looks like you had a lot of fun with this box of stuff I conjured up! :)

Kara said...

love every single one!! i think the whale on the waves is my fave though!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love everyone of your cards but I agree with Kara, the whale on the waves is my fave! :)

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh Cathy these are all Wonderful! Love the one with the knot . Oh and that embossed anchor card is perfect! I love each one! You girls did a great job with this huge kit!

Christina said...

Cathy, these are all fantastic! I love anything nautical, so these are right up my alley. You made such great use of the kit. I especially love the first card with the cute little whale and the 5th one with the anchor. Really wonderful cards!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! These cards are all amazing! I scrolled up and down several times just taking in all these wonderful cards! What a fun kit! I just love them all!