Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop

Today is Papertrey Ink's June Blog Hop and this month there is once again a gorgeous picture for our inspiration. We were also challenged to use ruffles, ribbons or pleats on our projects.






I loved the yellow and green color scheme and as soon as I saw that pretty yellow pillow with the simple green band, I remembered a card posted a while back by Stephanie ( http://stampingsharing.blogspot.com/2012/04/with-gratitude.html). She used a CAS design on her card with gorgeous pleated patterned paper.

Here is my card inspired by Stephanie:

I used patterned paper by Simple Stories, Summer Fresh collection. The stamps are PTI's Wildflower Garden and the cute bees are from Honey Bees. The ribbon is Harvest Gold and I also used a linen/canvas impression plate to add a little texture to the cardbase.

Here's a close-up of the pleats:

Those little pleats are actually very easy to make...thanks Stephanie for the great inspiration!

 

26 comments:

Gorgeous Cathy, that pleating is awesome.

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty! Love the pleating and your layout!

Pauline said...

Love this zesty card, a fab inspiration pic.
Congrats on your win over at The Ribbon Reel this week, I loved that filigree heart topped with the sweet tag and rose, so well deserved xx

Luanne said...

Fabulous pleating! Love the super cute layout and texture of your card. Sweet! :)

Cammie said...

Such fresh card! Love the texture and pleating!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful pleating . Love the stamps you used and the embossed background. I bought that right after I saw you use it on a card awhile ago.

Colleen said...

I am so impressed with your pleating...it looks fabulous...great card.

craftmates said...

Great card! LOve the pleating and the textured background. - Irma

Rhonda said...

Such a pretty card Cathy! I love that sentiment.

Nancy Guse said...

This is refreshing!! Your pleats are great and I love that saying!!

Lovely card. Love your pleats. I like the impression in the background too.

Leigh said...

This is fabulous! Those little bees paired with the wildflowers are perfect!

Joyce said...

Wow--what a great card. I love your pleated paper--you'll need to show me how you do that. And, I smiled when I saw those little bees on your card. Takes me back. Really, such a pretty take on the challenge.

I love the pleated paper! I thought about doing something similar, but don't think it would've turned out as nicely as yours! I also love your sweet summery scene you stamped!

Jingle said...

I love this card!

WONDERFUL take on the picture! Love your pleating and perfect stamping! Your card is so beautiful!
Hugs, Karin

Kim said...

Cathy, this is so beautiful!!! I love that look of the bees flying around the fabulous flowers and that green dotted paper in pleats, so perfect.

So lovely-the pleating, the colors.

Lovely card. Love the pleated paper and the embossed panel.

Kara said...

Beautiful stamping!! Love this card!!:)

Renee said...

Love those pleats!!
That paper is perfect for them too...
now aren't you glad you got it?!!:)
And then the stamped images...
the bees are the perfect touch!!
A gorgeous card...
love it!!

EEK! That's a squeal of delight-Love this card all pleated, embossed, and beautifully stamped! AND the bees! :)

Susan said...

This is beautiful!! I love the pleats and the embossing is such a perfect touch.

Jean said...

Lovely card & your pleats are perfect!

Stephanie said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for your kind words too :) xxx

Jeanne J said...

How did I miss this? Perfect take on the challenge. I love the pleated ruffle you created and the summery colors!

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting