Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

4 of a Kind - June Edition with a little bit of Summery Fruit


Our June 4 of a Kind hostess, Kim sure knew what she was doing this month.  She couldn't have picked a better stamp set as the basis for her June kit.  Fruit Fusion, a stamp set that I was so excited to order last year, couldn't wait to get into my hands and promptly made one or two cards and never used it again...until I opened my great package a few weeks ago.  It brought back all the memories of why I loved that set to begin with.  Here is a little picture of what Kim sent us in our June kit:
Photo by Kim

My first card really did practically assemble itself. (As Joyce would say)
Fruit Fusian Cherry Papertrey Ink
Kim sent a white panel stamped with the two cute cherry images, one in each corner.  All I did was add a little texture with my linen/canvas impression plate, add one of the photo finisher sentiment strips that Kim sent along and that was it!  It doesn't get much easier than this and I love it!

My second card was nearly as easy.
Fruit Fusion Grapes Papertrey Ink

I used the dark chocolate panel impressed with a cane print as the base of my card.  I added the cute picket fence die cut from Kim and cut down the grape images so the scale fit the fence.  I popped up the little grape stems and added some grass along the bottom.  It needed a little something, so I had to add a few clouds up in the sky.  The sentiment is another photo finisher strip from Kim.  They are just about my very favorite way to add a sentiment these days!

For my last card, I used some of the patterned paper and the cute apples Kim sent us.
Fruit Fusion Apples Papertrey Ink
Isn't that Fruitti Tutti paper adorable?  I added a bit of Simply Chartruese gingham paper, some stitching, a little red bow and some sparkly stickles on the green apple for a cute card that can go for several occasions.

Here's a pic of all three of my 4 of a Kind cards this month.

Fruit Fusion Papertrey Ink
Lots of fun once again, Kim was a great hostess and these cards were a blast to make!  Now that you have seen my Summery fruit cards, make sure to check out what Joyce, Renee and Kim have made with their kits.

14 comments:

Kara said...

love how you have used the kit!! They are all so different. Love the gingham card!!

Renee said...

Love the grapes...
and it was my favorite till I saw the gingham!!
What a fabulous card...
so perfect for just that "anytime" card!!
I couldn't figure out what to do with the fence...
so I hoarded! :)
They're all fantastic...
and this kit was so much fun...
perfect one to kick off Summer! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All wonderful cards Cathy and what a great kit Kim put together this month. Four of a Kind is always inspiring.

Marybeth said...

Love the clean look of the first one, as that impression plate is my all time favorite. Loving the gingham card also. Congrats on your shout out today, for the adorable set you made.

Barbara said...

Love these cards. Love the fruit tuti paper too

Anonymous said...

The grapes on the fence is just too darn tootin' clever!!! Love that idea! Another fabulous array of cards you've made!

Joyce said...

Wow, Cathy. I love all your cards. I gasped when I saw your first one. That card came to me, already assembled, and was sitting on my desk for a day. Seriously. Then, I decided to cut them out and make a different card. Oh, why did I do that. I love all your cards. I was particularly stumped by that picket fence--I even have that die and have never used it, but I love what you have done, and will now be able to case it. Such sweet cards you made this month.

Kim Heggins said...

So happy to have left overs, your cards are so fabulous and I knew you would find a use for that picket fence, it was just too cute to pass up using and those grapes look just perfect on it. But your final card is my favorite, not sure why I did not think to add the gingham paper in the kit but it goes so well with the apples and the red ribbon and the sparkles on the core of the apple, just too clever!

Sharron said...

Cathy, every one one of these is gorgeous! I love the embossed backgrounds on the first two. Adore the simple design with the cherries and the adorable way you used the fence with the grapes but have to say the last one is my favorite. LOVE it--fabulous layout and colors and great patterned papers!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness! These are just too cute!! I love all of them! I really love those grapes hanging on the fence. And the CAS one is perfect. Love the mixed patterns on the last one.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I would be so overwhelmed with these kits. You make it look so effortless!

The Paper Parade said...

Okay, you guys are making me want to pull out my fruit sets! I love them all, but the fence with the grapes on it...adorable! And the apple card...AWWW!

Christina said...

Your cards are fantastic, Cathy! I really adore your last one with the cute apples--it looks perfect with the gingham.

Pauline said...

Love your fruity designs Cathy! That paper is fabulous, and your cards are super yummy!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful cards all! Love the fence with the grapes and that adorable fruit fusion paper on the last card just makes me smile whenever I see it used! All of these are terrific and you have inspired me to pull these sets out again and get inky! :)