Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Something new I found

I just wanted to share something I found at Michaels today. I know all of us love the PTI impression plates. I do too. I have nearly all of them, but as we wait each month for a new set to be released, I found something that can be used to make impressions and is really cheap. I mean $4.99 reg price and eligible for the 40% discount. They are actually called Texture Tiles in the cake decorating section made by Buff Goldman. There are about 4 different packages of tiles. There are two very hard plastic plates in each package and they are the exact size of Cuttlebug A/B/C plates. I bought one set, not expecting it to work, but it really did! It probably won't last forever, but until PTI releases more of these, it will really do the trick cheaply. I used a sandwich of A, B, plate (side you want up), Spellbinder tan mat and lastly B plate. I have posted a few pictures of my samples. For the one that looks like boxes, I first ran the lines through and then rotated it. Just an idea in case anyone wants a cheap alternative to texture plates while we wait for PTI's super durable ones.

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

What a cool find, I'll have to check these out!!

Jill said...

What an absolutely fun idea, Cathy! Thank you for sharing with us! I *just* got back from Michaels a minute ago, but I forgot to use my 40% off coupon (!) so I'm going back later in the week and will be sure to check these out!

colleenk said...

Thank you for sharing this on your blog! I saw those at Michael's last week and thought some of the designs would be perfect for papercrafting but decided that it probably would not work in my Big Shot! I am so glad that you tried it! Now I gotta get back to Michaels! Thanks again!

Rebecca said...

Good to know! Thanks for sharing your clever tip!