Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Kim!

Surprise Kim!   At least I hope you are surprised, it's a birthday blog hop for you from all of your friends to wish you a Happy Birthday.  Here's the card I made for you:
Now Kim, for my confession.  I did actually make this card, but I didn't design it myself.  I knew I wanted to use PTI's Tea for Two since I know how much you love tea, so I did a Google Image search and looked at tons of cards for some inspiration.  I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this card by Christina MacLaren of Sea Glass and Sentiments.  No matter how hard I tried I could not come up with a card that came anywhere close to being as beautiful as this card.  Christina very graciously allowed me to use her design, so I not only cased it, I made it identical.  Every detail.  A few days later I felt guilty making you a card so blatantly not my own that I remade it and at least changed the color of the cardstock.  Not much of a change, but something. 

I hope you enjoy your birthday blog hop Kim.  You are such a great friend to so many people I am certain you will be seeing some great cards today to wish you a Happy Birthday.  Enjoy!
Make sure you stop  over at Kim's blog to wish her a happy birthday and don't forget to check Kim's other friends who participating in her birthday Blog Hop:

Joyce
Jeanne
Jessica
Kara
Katie
Laurie W.
Lee Anne
Marybeth
Michelle
Renee
Sharron

10 comments:

Sharron said...

The tea set makes such a wonderful birthday card and your card is gorgeous! I can see why you loved Christina's card. Using all those buttons is a great idea and I love the colors you chose!

Renee said...

I would CASE Christina too ;)
And this is gorgeous!
Love the colors...
and all those pretty buttons!
And Kim does like her tea...
another one I forgot!!
Duh!!
I don't think I actually forgot...
I think my mind is just full ;)
Kim will love this! :)

Joyce said...

Oh, I can't believe I forgot about the tea. This card is wonderful, and I'm sure Kim will love it. Those buttons are just fabulous, especially the little one on the teapot.

Kim Heggins said...

oh my goodness, this card is just so fabulous! And I do love tea, in fact I am going for tea on sunday after church. I am so excited to spend the afternoon sipping a nice cuppa and nibbling on a yummy scone. Thank you so much for this incredible card, is it just as sweet as you are. Thank you so much!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Christina's card is beautiful and so is yours. I think I'M going to case this card too!

Marybeth said...

Sorry just got home. Love the card you made from the inspiration of Christina’s card. I like the idea of the buttons for the frame. Sounds like the tea card was a perfect choice! Thanks for such a sweet comment on my card made me smile. Take care!

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the button frame, and the perfect card for a really good friend!

Jeanne J. said...

Sorry I'm late for the party - I love this card!! The pretty blue and the shiny buttons satisfy the magpie in me! I would have cased it too - in fact maybe I still can :) Beautful card Cathy - perfect in every way!

Christina said...

Cathy, this turned out fabulous! You added my very favorite color, aqua, and it looks amazing. Thanks so much for the shout-out, but you deserve all the credit for this beauty!

Kelly S. said...

Who wouldn't want to case that is the question at hand :) LOVE the buttons in those colors, they make the sweetest frame! Such a great birthday card, Cathy, and all that matters is that YOU made it...straight from the heart ;)