Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

4 of a Kind-March


Time for 4 of a Kind cards again, month #7!  Our group of four take turns making idential kits of card-making ingredients from which we make cards and reveal them onthe 16th of the month.  This month's hostess was Joyce of Cards by the Sea.  I had my fingers crossed which set Joyce was going to use, she dropped a hint a few months ago and I was so excited when I opened up my kit for this month.  It was PTI's On My Couch and On My Couch Additions.  Those super cute little couch and chair images have always caught my eye, but I had just never gotten around to purchasing that set.  Dumb on my part because it is adorable!
Here's a picture of the kit that Joyce sent us:
Joyce must have been diecutting all day, there were so many cute images on October Afternoon Farmhouse paper.  There were also some houndstooth embossed cardstock, lace, buttons and some fillagree border diecuts.  Lots to work with.  This month I made three cards:
Thank goodnesss I remembered to take a picture of this one, it's already been sent to Joyce's mom who is recovering from surgery.  I used the embossed white stripes to mimic                .  I thought the striped patterned paper kind of looked like wallpaper so together they create a cozy little backdrop for the cute red couch and pillow.  Every single thing on this card except the rhinestones was from the kit.


My second card uses all of the diecuts that Joyce sent me, some of the patterned paper and is topped off with one of the handmade button roses Joyce made.  Can you believe she made those buttons herself?  I also added two diecut doilies my friend Jeanne Jachna of A Kept Life sent me from Cheery Lynn (Kiwi Doily and Nautical Wheeler).  There are 5 layers of diecuts on the front of this card, a record for me!


My last card uses the Grand Madison Window die to reveal a cozy scene through the window.  I also used one of the lamps from PTI's Lighten Up stamp set and used one of the Fillagree Border diecuts from our kit as a valance.  Just because I thought it was pretty, I added another border die to the inside of the card.  I used a little rhinestone to "hang" the picture on the wall.

Joyce did a great job with her kits this month, so much so that I've ordered the sets for myself!  Now that you've seen my three cards, make sure you check out what my three friends have made with their kits.

Kim

15 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Cathy your cards are beautiful. I love the curtains on the last one with he lace die ....... so cute. I do love the couch ...... it has been on my list for a very long time!! Love them all ........

Kara said...

beautiful!! love the last one!!

Renee said...

That window scene...
Cathy it's stunning!
I LOVE that card...
so creative using the filigree for a valance...
just gorgeous and I know Joyce's mom loved it too!
They're all so beautiful...
love the way you layered and used Joyce's gorgeous rosette too...
perfect for that one!
I'll talk to you soon! :)

Jessica Wekenman said...

Amazing cards, Cathy!!! I love how you cut out the vase and table in your first card! I don't think I could've done that! I love all those layered doilies in your second card! And that button is too sweet! Your last card is beyond stunning! I love the view from the window! And that 'embossed wallpaper" is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Your cards are so incredible. I love how you used all these things. I struggled myself, but knew I would get good ideas from you and the others. You did a much better job than I could have done, and I am so happy that I have all the tools and supplies at my house, so I can case your beautiful cards. I love the one you sent to my mom. That is just so sweet of you. And, your window card is just incredible-inside and out. Pinning them all to my 4 of a kind board, and you will see variations of them from me some day.

Tracey McNeely said...

All beautiful cards Cathy made with Joyce's fantastic kit! You girls are so lucky. I love all your kits but that last card is simply stunning! What a great job.

Marybeth said...

CATHY!!!! The window scene is the cutest card I have ever seen. Then to open it up and see such a finished room. You are so creative! Ok, the other two cards are wonderful also, but I love that last one so much. Great kit from Joyce! Enjoy your weekend!

Mara Campbell said...

Such beautiful cards!! Each one has so many great details. That stamp set is just adorable, love that last window card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Really cute cards! Love the last one with the window and how you can see into the 'room'.

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy, that window scene is just so stunning! I am so happy I have left overs to play with, but after seeing everyone's cards this morning, I may need to ask Joyce for more supplies. All of your cards are just so beautiful and how sweet to send one to Joyce's mom, I know it will be so appreciated.

Sharron said...

LOVE the window card--all the details look fabulous! How clever to design it so the card opens to show the room. And I really like the layered card with all the wonderful dies against the lacy paper. The first card is especially sweet--great soft colors and perfectly placed elements! Beautiful job on all!

Pauline said...

Cathy, this is a wonderful use of your kit! I especially adore the little lounge scene through a window. a fabulous set of cards.

Jeanne J. said...

OMG CATHY!!! That last card with the window scene is just too stinkin' cute. I am in awe - The curtains, the sofa with the pillow. How in the world did you come up with this? It is like a scene in a pop up book. I just noticed the rug! I'm smitten! WHat a fantastic card! A MAZE ING!!!!!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Without a doubt, the window one is absolutely my favorite!!! I love that you can see the neat scene through the top and then open it up to see the whole thing! Oh so clever :)

Susan said...

Simply incredible!! I am constantly amazed at the creativity you have with these kits. I would be completely overwhelmed with everything. You knocked it out of the park with that last card. SUPER ador-a-ble!! I bet Joyce's mom loved the card you sent her. That one would definitely brighten up someone's day!