Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas- March Edition

Here I am with March's edition of our 12 Kits of Christmas club and what a month it was!  This month's hostess was Suzanne of The Card Yard.  Suzanne went all out and sent us a fabulous kit full of all kinds of patterned papers, stamps, ribbons and lace.  Check out the great kit she sent us:
Photo courtesy of Kara
I made three cards this month.  Here is the first one:
Very simple and highlighting the great candy cane striped paper from AMuse.  I used some of the great saddle stitch ribbon and the Merry Christmas diecut.  I love the way the sentiment stands out against the black oval and that great striped patterned paper.

It won't be a surprise that I will probably make some type of window card every single month of our 12 Kits series.   I love that Madison Grand Window and this time used it with the great snowman stamped image Suzanne included in our kit.
I used the sparkly polka dot embossed cardstock Suzanne included and some more of that saddle stitch ribbon.  The cute snowman is by AMuse and is colored with copics.  I stamped a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season.  I think this is my favorite of the three cards.

For my last card, I used the most "untraditional" Christmas patterned paper included in our kits, this really pretty lavender print. 

I colored the cute dove image with copics and layered it over a kraft colored doily.  I added some silver stickles to the dove and added some of the pretty green ribbon from our kit.  I love the elegance of this card with the pretty dove image. 

Here are all three of my cards together:
Thank You Suzanne for a great kit that was such fun to work with.  I am getting quite a stash of Christmas cards put away and ready to address for next holiday season.  No last minute rush for me next year.   Now that you have seen my cards, I hope you are ready to see a whole bunch of holiday cards from my friends in the 12 Kits of Christmas club.  Make sure to check them all out, you are going to get lots of great ideas.

Suzanne: thecardyard
Jeanne: AKeptLife

17 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness Cathy...all three cards are just incredible. That snowman is so sweet and the lavender card with the doily and dove, just so stunning. All of them are so festive.

Marybeth said...

I love that candy cain paper on the first card, and the black sure does make the sentiment stand out. OH the snowman in the window, wish I thought of that… great idea! If someone said make a purple Christmas card I would not have know what to do, but you sure made a beautiful one, and its very Christmas.ee… Beautiful job on all three!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Cathy! Your cards are just gorgeous! Love how you kept it simple with the candy stripe paper and just the sentiment. Going to CASE that for sure. And your adorable Frosty image behind the window?? Genius. Wish I had thought of that. And your dove card in the nontraditional colors is just perfect. I love the addition of the doily die! Great job!

Renee said...

These are fabulous!!!
I love that CAS candy stripe...
so beautiful! :)
And the snowman peeking in the window...
just too, too cute!
LOVE that purple dove...
so gorgeous with the papers and ribbon...
the doily!!
LOVE them! :)
Hope you're having a great time...
talk to you soon! :)

Jeanne J. said...

You have three so very different cards Cathy - Love the clean traditional look of the red striped card. The ribbon really sets it off with the buttons. Then your snowman who had me grinning like an idiot from ear to ear (love the shading on his vest). The dove is beautiful with the green ribbon and the kraft doily - Love that bit of sparkle! Well done! So pretty!

The Paper Parade said...

Okay, my favorite is definitely the snowman peeking out from behind the window...TOO CUTE!!!! And I love on the 3rd how you colored the bird purple and added the sparkles, wow, how elegant it looks! And on the first, those color combos are so rich and Christamasey :) Way to go on 3 awesome cards :)

Kara said...

beautiful! love that cute snowman outside the window!!You used the purple so beautifully. I have to admit those purple patterns were intimidating, but not for you!!

Suzanne said...

I love the snowman in the window and how you used the ribbon in the first card to loop through the tag. These are wonderful, Cathy.

Tracey McNeely said...

All so lovely Cathy, that purple dove spoke to me--just gorgeous. Love the snowman in the window. All beautiful.

Christina said...

Cathy, I've already sketched several more ideas for my leftover supplies based on your cards! I especially LOVE the snowman in the window and will definitely be CASEing it! I love the way you highlighted the striped paper on the first card and used such a fantastic ribbon treatment. And your last card is beautifully vintage--the doily is the perfect addition. Thanks for the inspiration again this month!

Mara Campbell said...

Great cards!! I love the window/snowman card and love the colors on the 3rd card!! Such a fun switch up from traditional holiday colors.

Sharron said...

Marvelous, Cathy! I really like how you highlighted the sentiment with your CAS design. LOVE the snowman in the window--didn't think about doing that! He is adorable! Beautiful job with the patterned papers on your dove card. They work perfectly with the lavender dove and make such a lovely elegant card.

Kelly S. said...

From sophisticated to cute to elegant, you got all of the styles covered with your kit this month, Cathy! I just love the snowman peeking in the window! Your first card is such a great design for Christmas...would be a great guy card, too! And how pretty is your dove with that doily and all the lavender! Beautiful cards for this month!

Joyce said...

Three wonderful cards. I love the classic simplicity of the first one, and the way you used that dove with the lavender. But my fave is that snowman behind the window. I'm looking forward to seeing you use that window die with every kit. I even have a prediction of how you will use it in May. Ciao!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Each card so unique and pretty. The snowman cracks me up! Love it when an image can make you smile.

Susan said...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of all the Christmas cards you are getting done! These are all so beautiful in different ways. I love the CAS candy cane paper one. The window card has such a wonderfully colored snowman. SO cute! And the last one with it's unexpected color is just divine!!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter today. Thinking of you! XOXO

Jen Adcock said...

What a great little collection you have growing. They are all pretty fab! I must say that I am particularly smitten with the mauve card. What an unconventional Christmas beauty! Lovely work, the lot.