Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Top Dog Dies: Naughty or Nice?

Have you ever had an idea for a card that is way outside of your comfort zone?  Did you end up making it?  That was how I felt a few days ago when I had a card idea using the Top Dog Dies Corset Die.  I decided to go ahead and make the card that I envisioned even though I am not exactly sure when I will actually use this card.
Top Dog Dies Corset Die is going to be the die I always think of when I need to make a bachelorette or bridal shower card.  I love all the intricate details on the die and today I added some white pom-poms to turn it into a holiday corset...not sure Mrs. Claus could fit into this one...I know I sure couldn't!  I used Top Dog Dies Scalloped Frame and Mat Die Set for the base of my card and added some embroidery floss stitching through the scalloped openings.  I thought it was a nice contrast against the red and white.  The sentiment is digital and is printed on vellum so the candy cane print can shine through.  This card would be perfect for a bridal lingerie shower that falls near the holidays, so I'm going to tuck this one away and wait for just that kind of occasion.  

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Haha what a fun card Cathy!! Can't wait to know if you ever send it out LOL!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy this is so fantastic!! The PERFECT sentiment for this fun little number!

Sharron said...

What a adorable card, Cathy! Bet it was fun to make. Love the pom poms and stitching!

Joyce said...

Oh, this is so very fun. I'm glad that you decided to make it. I think that you will somehow find an opportunity to use it--it's too cute to sit in the closet.

Marybeth said...

I love it! I am sure your DH would love getting this card from you! A perfect Christmas card from you to him. I love the detail on that die and of course the pom poms!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...oh la la! What a fun card and I love all those fabulous details you added. You are just amazing my sweet friend...so so festive and just a bit naughty too.

Deepti said...

What a fun and fantastic card :) love it !!! Amazing details

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Cathy this so naughty and nice all at the same time! You really showed off all the great details and intricate designing on the corset, and the little gold buckle just stole my heart!

Kelly S. said...

ACK so SAUCY! I love it!!