Seize the Sketch #15

Very quick post today...just wanted to share a card I made for Seize the Sketch #15.   I saw the sketch and had an idea I wanted to try.  Unfortunately, I started it right before I had to get ready for work and so now I am rushing to get it up and posted while the clock is ticking away.  Here's the sketch:
I thought it was a very versatile sketch...almost any stamps or dies could work with it, but I chose to go with all Lil Inker stamps and dies.  It's almost St. Patrick's Day and I had all of my green inks out on my desk, so I decided to make my own shamrock.  It shouldn't be too hard with all the Lil Inker dies I have collected.  Here's what I came up with:
I used several Lil Inker sets today.  First, that shamrock...they are hearts from Of the Heart dies.  Perfect little shamrock, don't you think?  The little stem is a piece punched out from the Fanfare Scalloped Border die.  It has just the right size and curve of a stem.  The background of my circle element is from Circles and Diamonds Stitched Pattern die and the sentiment is from the Darling Diamonds stamp set.  I added some scattered sequins and I think this is a cute card to leave out for my daughter on St. Patrick's Day.  What do you think?

18 comments:

Lisa said...

I think it's CUTE Cathy! Love your little shamrock!

Cathy I just love this card. Fabulous is so many ways. Great colours, sentiment and the embossed circle and your shamrock! Love!

...and that you used the Fanfare for the stem--Squeal!!

Kylie said...

LOVE your card!! So clean and I just love that bright green. Plus, I wanted to say thanks for your lovely comments on my fairy fae card. You are too sweet!!

Joyce said...

Oh, I just love this card. It is so bright and cheery, and you have shown me several new and unique uses for dies I already have. Gotta love a card I can case without shopping first. Perfect for your daughter for St. Patty's day.

Rose said...

super cute and fun :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

Sharron said...

Love this card, Cathy! The green & white looks so wonderfully crisp and pretty. Your design is fabulous and the shamrock just adorable.

Niki G said...

Totally gorgeous and love those stitched dies! Isn't it funny how ideas come at sometimes the most inconvenient times...hehe. Glad you were able to post it and share!

~amy~ said...

Super FUN!
thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

I love the fresh simplicity of this! Very cute!

That shamrock is so super cute! And I LOVE the stripes and that Hello sentiment!

Cathy...fabulous card and I love your take on the shamrock, so fun and I think I will have to give this a try.

Lori said...

Too fun! Love the little shamrock you made from the heart die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Jeanne J said...

This is fab! Thinking outside the box again!! I love that little shamrock and the quilted background behind it... oh and all those sparkly sequins YUMMMMM!

What an awesome card this is! I love the heart shamrock and the pattern impressed in the circle! I see that you've grown even MORE talented since I took a break from crafting. I think of you every time I look at the sock monkey ornament you sent my daughter :)

Charlene said...

So So cute!!, I love it!!!!

Fabulous use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in with STS!

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting