Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

CASology #51: Fireworks



Happy 4th of July!  On this most patriotic of days, it seems a little strange to be making a Valentines Day card, but I have been trying to think outside of the box lately (at least for me), and this week's 
Casology #51 cue word is Fireworks.  Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, it came to me...
love, valentines, fireworks, so I got up this morning and made what I consider to be a true, CAS card.  I usually come close, but not truly CAS.  This one has lots of white space...and I really mean WHITE space and has clean lines with not a lot of little extras.  What do you think?
Lots of Lil Inker on this card...Stitched Mat Rectangles and Of the Heart Stamps and Dies.  The fireworks are from Waltzingmouse USA 1776.  I love that I can add fireworks now for just about any kind of celebration.  I can't wait to add them to a birthday cake card.
Time to start prepping for our 4th of July barbeque...I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fantastic card Cath! Love your fireworks. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Joyce said...

This is such a fun idea for cards other than July 4th. I am definitely going to steal this as a valentines idea. And, yes, in my opinion this is very CAS!

Ardyth said...

Great interpretation of fireworks - ah, those were the days, weren't they! lol! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...this is just the cutest!!! Love your take on fireworks.

Renee said...

What a creative take on fireworks...
love! :)
Maybe I still see those occasionally ;)...
but nothing like when it was fresh and new!
Adorable!

Marybeth said...

Great idea! You are right the fireworks will also be great on a birthday card or candle. Beautiful ! Hope you had a nice 4th of July Cathy! Ours was on the quiet side this year . Some of the kids came for a swim then headed out for fireworks.

Gillian R said...

What a great idea for a fireworks card. Thank you so much for joining in with CASology this week

Jeanne J. said...

Ahh love and rockets.. Sweet!