Happy Birthday Katie from Lady Liberty

My daughter-in-law Katie loves New York.  Loves it.  Her birthday is on Tuesday and they are going to New York for a vacation.  I just happened to get my new WM USA 1776 Stamp set in the mail yesterday and decided to make a birthday card with it.  I know.  It is a patriotic stamp set, but for the right person and right occasion, it makes a great birthday card.  Can you tell her favorite color is hot pink?
This looks a little bit like Lady Liberty is holding the birthday banner, don't you think?  Katie is turning 30 and I print and cut the banner from a file on my Silhouette.  The New York skyline and the Statue of Liberty are each one of the Waltzingmouse cut files.  I embossed the fireworks (turning 30 deserves some fireworks) in silver embossing powder.  It looks so bright and shiny agains the kraft background.  I usually give my kids $100 for their birthdays, but for this milestone birthday I have 130 one dollar bills ready to jam into this card.  Katie has a great sense of humor and I know she will like it.

9 comments:

Your embossing is gorgeous Cathy and I love he skyline.

Renee said...

I was going say that embossing is perfect...
and Tracey beat me to it!
Happy Birthday Katie...
hope they have a wonderful trip...
and I know she's gonna love this gorgeous card and the gift tucked inside! :)

Barbara said...

What a great thoughtful card!

Vickie Z said...

Love the silver embossed fireworks!! I think this is a perfect card for Katie!!

Kelly S. said...

EEK this is SUCH a great use of that set...love Lady Liberty in PINK! She probably would have originally picked that color herself if she could have. What a fabulous birthday card for Katie!

Marybeth said...

I love the way you used this stamp set,Cathy! Now I think were all going to have her hold up a banner! You sure made a personalized birthday card. Bet Katie will love it!

Christina said...

Those silver fireworks look amazing on kraft! What a clever way to use this set.

Jeanne J said...

Oh now this is so creative and fun Cathy! Love the embossed fireworks and the contrast of the hot pink liberty with the dark skyline - really smart and clever!

Oh, this is so fun! What a wonderful gift too and I am sure she will love it. Love your pink lady liberty too, so fun and very festive!

Post a Comment

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting