Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Month Jeanne!

I have been trying to pin my good friend Jeanne Jachna (A Kept Life) on the date of her birthday for quite a while now.  I do know it is in November, but I have never been able to get the actual day of the month out of her.  Since I can't let her birthday month pass without wishing her a happy birthday, we are having a little birthday month blog hop in Jeanne's honor today, the 1st of November.

I met Jeanne through our love of Waltzingmouse Stamps.  Every week, some person named Jeanne J would win the Top Mouse award...and I mean just about every single week.  As my competition, I could easily have put her on my "not so favorite" list since week after week she managed to create the most beautiful cards and tags that just could not be beat, (and I tried!)  One day Jeanne left me the sweetest, most sincere and generous comment on my blog and from that day on, Jeanne has been one of my very best friends, or "besties" as Jeanne would say.  She still is the most talented person I know and astonishes me with the beautiful cards she makes with so many great layers, dies and embellishments.  No one ties a bow like her!  Enough gushing...Happy Birthday Jeanne!
Although Jeanne and I have different cardmaking styles, we both love Waltzingmouse stamps.  One of my most used images is this cute little bird from Sewing Box Hugs.  It is such fun to cut this bird out in different patterned papers and pop it up with foam.  The patterned paper I chose today is from MME, Blush collection and the cute stitched bow is from Lil Inker.  

I am not the only one who wants to wish Jeanne a Happy Birthday month.  Here are a list of other friends who have made cards celebrating our good friend.  I hope you will check them all out!
Anya 

8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

What a lovely idea! I think this card is just fabulous!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful card...love the colors...pink/gray are fabulous together..love that set! Glad I'm not Jeanne....cause I'd be bawling by now!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy your card is gorgeous, I love pink and you outpinked yourself. That is the WM set I chose for my blog party win and I can't wait to get it and play with it! Speaking of WM a big congrats on Top Mouse last week my friend. Jeanne is going to love this happy unbirthday card! Thanks for organizing the hop.

Joyce said...

You organized quite the hop. I love this card--it is everything I love about Waltzingmouse. Your layers are fantastic, and the paper bow is a great tribute to Jeanne and her ginormous bows.

Marybeth said...

Such a sweet tribute to Jeanne. I love the way you became friends. You are sweet too. Love your pink card,with the sweet bird....you know she loves them. Great choice of pretty pink printed papers. Thanks for getting this started for Jeanne. Sorry I'm late .

Jeanne J. said...

Cathy I've said this a million times... where would I be without you? I mean that bestie! Thanks so much for putting this together and gosh I am flooded with so many emotions now... happy, embarrased, overwhelmed! I can't tell you how happy I am that we met and I know I can always count on you to make me smile! BIG GIANT HUGS!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Thank you so much for having me along for this celebration! You are amazing and I'm happy to have met all of you on this wonderful adventure! I almost picked that sentiment and bird and you did an amazing job with it! That bow is gorgeous and I love the pinks and grays you used!

Renee said...

Jeanne is amazing isn't she?
And I know...
EVERY week!
She blows me away! :)
And even though I'm not fru-fru like her...
I can definitely admire and appreciate a thing of beauty when I see it!
This is a fabulous card...
and pink is a much used color by our special girl...
it's perfect! ;)